Celebrity - 1,2,3 promo

jb456

Morning,

First time cruiser here!

The 1,2,3 promo seems great but it appears to be a bit one sided and I'm wondering if there is some type of catch?

What I mean by this is out of the 3 choices the "classic beverage package" blows the other 2 choices out of the water by far. Unless you do not drink alcohol I can't see any reason why someone would choose the other 2 choices over the beverage package.

It appears to good to be true so is there a catch?

Do you have a certain limit each day that you can order between, soda/wine/beer,etc before you have to start paying?

Maybe something like 15 drinks a day, so in the morning if you have 3 coffees then your limit is down to 12 for the day?

What about alcohol? The wife doesn't drink but I'm a beer guy. I could see myself having around 10 beers on a sea day from afternoon to evening... Do they limit your drinks?

I apologize for all the questions it just seems to good to be true considering the price of the beverage package.

Thank you!

Edited by jb456

Nope, no catch.

You can have as many drinks as you wish. The bartenders WILL cut you off if you are drunk tho.

Ok....come to think do it, there IS one catch. The classic package covers beer up to $6 and mixed drinks up to $8 (that's the price before the tip....but the tip is included in the package). If you go over that amount, you pay the FULL price for the drink. If you upgrade to the premium package, the cap is $13 and if you go over, you only pay the DIFFERENCE between $13 and the drink price.

I think this perk is great. Enjoy!!!!

Thank you both for your answers!

@Carol, my wife does not drink she prefers her coffees and teas. As for myself I'm more of a beer guy with maybe a rum/coke or a whiskey here and there.

Budweiser is fine, is that covered in the classic package?

Edited by jb456

You might want to confirm this, but I think that if one person is taking the beverage package then the other person has to as well. Otherwise, what's to stop one of you from getting drinks for the other one (other than that you can only get one drink at a time). However, the beverage package also includes premium coffee and tea and bottled water. We didn't have more than 2 or 3 alcoholic beverages a day with our package, but we got a couple of cappucinos and a few bottled waters each day, so all in all it was worth it (especially since it was freeee!)

There is no limit, I sailed Celebrity for the first time recently and benefited from the free classic drink package - there was no issues with the number of beverages I ordered, It is a great perk and no catches.

The catch is that to be able to drink unlimited drinks all day long you have to start drinking very early in the day.

.🍸🍻🍺🌴

The drink package is the best value for us as passengers but it is also the cheapest for the cruise line to offer as what they charge and what it costs them are two very different things. If you chose prepaid gratuity, they have to pay that full amount to the staff so that probably costs the line more than the drink package does. If you don't think you will get your value out of the package, then i would suggest that you go for the prepaid tips.

There is no limit. We had the "free" Classic package for a 12 night European Infinity cruise in September. I had 90 Heineken beers during the cruise. If I had to pay for those beers, the beer bill alone would have been over $500!!!

John

There is no limit. We had the "free" Classic package for a 12 night European Infinity cruise in September. I had 90 Heineken beers during the cruise. If I had to pay for those beers, the beer bill alone would have been over $500!!!

John

Wow 90 Henekens, great job :)

This promo seems to good to be true but I'm thankful for them having it. It will be my wife and son going on the cruise.

The promo covers 2 drink packages for my son and myself and a non alcohol package for the wifes coffees, sodas, etc. PERFECT :)

Thank you all for the responses. Have a great day!

jb....we get the package, not because we want to "get our money's worth", but for the convenience it affords us.

Think about it:

- no signing slips

- no worrying about tallying slips at the end of the cruise

- being able to try something new without feeling obliged to drink it if it's nasty (never happened, but it could)

- wine pairings with dinner

- picking up a quick bottled water as you leave for an excursion

- unlimited yummy coffees at Cafe al Bacio

- smoothies

- soda/beer by the pool

Thanks everyone, seems like a great promo then.

Carol/Gordy I agree with the "not having to worry about the costs".

Were 1st time cruisers so one worry was all the drinks, water, sodas, coffee, juices for the day time.. Then alcohol.. Swiping that ship card all the time seems all to easy to go way over board. Would hate to end the trip with a $1000+ drink bill.

This promo sounds like it elevates all those problems thankfully!

Edited by jb456

You might want to confirm this, but I think that if one person is taking the beverage package then the other person has to as well. Otherwise, what's to stop one of you from getting drinks for the other one (other than that you can only get one drink at a time). However, the beverage package also includes premium coffee and tea and bottled water. We didn't have more than 2 or 3 alcoholic beverages a day with our package, but we got a couple of cappucinos and a few bottled waters each day, so all in all it was worth it (especially since it was freeee!)

My husband always buys the Premium Beverage Package and I buy no package.

If servers notice the Package "owner" buying drinks for others, they have the option of revoking the drink package and has happened. His package was well worth the money.

Thank you both for your answers!

@Carol, my wife does not drink she prefers her coffees and teas. As for myself I'm more of a beer guy with maybe a rum/coke or a whiskey here and there.

Budweiser is fine, is that covered in the classic package?

I also agree this is a great deal for people who drink! This deal has me planning a cruise with X now!

I am wondering however, what is the difference though between classic and premium? Is the sprits available on the classic package well drinks, and the premium package call drinks? Or is is purely by price of drink?

@Whataboutport & redtr6

On link below it explains each package and there is links to click on each that tells you some of the type of drinks that are included.

Not all drinks are listed, but it tells you the price of each drink amount you can order, etc

There is no catch ... other than it is a package for 2 which means that both of you have to have it. Unless you have someone who is under the legal age limit or can show a medical reason why they cannot participate then they will trade the alcoholic package for non alcoholic version.

DH and I were 100% convinced that we could not justify (ROI) buying the drinks package as we never drank that much.

So we added up all our drinks and even the specialty coffees, freshly squeeze orange juices in the morning ( the Buffet orange in the machine is dreadful) plus added in the two bottle of wine we brough prior to boarding and , we still came in way under the daily package rate.

Then we went on a last minute cruise that consisted of 8 of us and soon realized that we would be better off getting a package and we did. And I will have to admit it was a good idea. The fact that you can try new cocktails , was different as if you did not like one , well heck we just ordered something different.

The next plus side is no receipts to sign and double check on the last night the only thing to watch out is the price limits if you take the classic. But if you are selecting the drinks package as part of the 123Go promo then I suggest that you might want to consider upgrade to the premium version.

In our opinion the drinks packages are good value for money if you are on a 10 or 14 night cruise, I am personally not sure if we would have found it so on a 7 night without being in a group. I think if that was the case we would have taken the OBC.

But like others have said here... the drinks package is better for the cruise line to offer than say the gratuity or even the OBC .

I say the take the drinks package and enjoy not having to sign a bill for what you drink !!!.

My husband always buys the Premium Beverage Package and I buy no package.

If servers notice the Package "owner" buying drinks for others, they have the option of revoking the drink package and has happened. His package was well worth the money.

Buying is a different story than the 123 promo

With 123, both passengers in the cabin must select the same perk. So both have to have OBC, the drink package or the OBC. You can't have 1 person with 1 thing and the other with another.

I also agree this is a great deal for people who drink! This deal has me planning a cruise with X now!

I am wondering however, what is the difference though between classic and premium? Is the sprits available on the classic package well drinks, and the premium package call drinks? Or is is purely by price of drink?

The Premium package has top shelf higher end alcohol that cost a bit more than those in the classic package. For just $10/night, I think it is worth the upgrade

There is no catch ... other than it is a package for 2 which means that both of you have to have it. Unless you have someone who is under the legal age limit or can show a medical reason why they cannot participate then they will trade the alcoholic package for non alcoholic version.

DH and I were 100% convinced that we could not justify (ROI) buying the drinks package as we never drank that much.

So we added up all our drinks and even the specialty coffees, freshly squeeze orange juices in the morning ( the Buffet orange in the machine is dreadful) plus added in the two bottle of wine we brough prior to boarding and , we still came in way under the daily package rate.

Then we went on a last minute cruise that consisted of 8 of us and soon realized that we would be better off getting a package and we did. And I will have to admit it was a good idea. The fact that you can try new cocktails , was different as if you did not like one , well heck we just ordered something different.

The next plus side is no receipts to sign and double check on the last night the only thing to watch out is the price limits if you take the classic. But if you are selecting the drinks package as part of the 123Go promo then I suggest that you might want to consider upgrade to the premium version.

In our opinion the drinks packages are good value for money if you are on a 10 or 14 night cruise, I am personally not sure if we would have found it so on a 7 night without being in a group. I think if that was the case we would have taken the OBC.

But like others have said here... the drinks package is better for the cruise line to offer than say the gratuity or even the OBC .

I say the take the drinks package and enjoy not having to sign a bill for what you drink !!!.

Thanks for the info.

Might try a different type of drink or two since it's free but I will mostly be sticking to beer (Budweiser) and maybe a few rum/cokes...... Would you say upgrading to premium is required or just stick with the classic freebie since it will be 90% beer?

We are thinking of the premium package. So here is my question.

We are a family of four. Wife & I drink alcohol. 22 tear old daughter does so occasionally, and the 17 year old does not.

How will this 123 package work?

Are you in two rooms or one?

Reading their terms and conditions the way I understand it is you need an Ocean or higher room. (at non discounted rates)

2 guests get the drink package... each additional guest in the stateroom gets a non alcoholic package and 38 min of internet.

So if all of you are in 1 room then I presume you would have to buy your daughter the alcohol package separately.

---

If you have two rooms, then I think all 3 of you would get the classic package and your son would get the non alcoholic package since he is underage.

I'm a newbie (1st time cruiser) but have seen some cruises on celeb that did not have much of a price difference in 1 room or 2 rooms..... So if you are in 1 room and considering buying your daughter a drink package... Do the calculations maybe you can get 2 rooms for around the same price that it would cost you for the drink package.

Edited by jb456

Thanks for the info.

Might try a different type of drink or two since it's free but I will mostly be sticking to beer (Budweiser) and maybe a few rum/cokes...... Would you say upgrading to premium is required or just stick with the classic freebie since it will be 90% beer?

Not "required" but think of it this way... The drinks in the Molecular Bar and Martini Bar are $12 and $11 (+15% gratuity) respectively. The cost of upgrading is $11.50 per day. So, if you have just one drink in those bars each day, the cost of the upgrade is more than worth it. And you will then also be able to try some better beer and wine should you wish. Remember, you are on vacation...

Not "required" but think of it this way... The drinks in the Molecular Bar and Martini Bar are $12 and $11 (+15% gratuity) respectively. The cost of upgrading is $11.50 per day. So, if you have just one drink in those bars each day, the cost of the upgrade is more than worth it. And you will then also be able to try some better beer and wine should you wish. Remember, you are on vacation...

Makes perfect sense, think you've convinced me :)

Actually, we just booked our second Mediterranean cruise with the 1-2-3 perk, but we selected the free gratuities plus $300 cabin credit instead of the drink package (our travel agent topped the cabin credit with an additional $50 so we have a total $350).

Hubby and I aren't big drinkers so this is what worked best for us. It's a great deal! :)