Would you switch from a 4J to a double window OV room?

iheartmarshall

Checking prices and doing a mock booking this morning and I noticed that room 2470 (a large double window aft OV room) is open on our Carnival Conquest sailing for only $100 more than our current rate. We are currently in a 4J on the Upper deck and I like the easy access to the "secret decks" but the double windows and extra space would be awesome!

So, would you switch? Is it worth an extra $100? This is our first cruise so we have no experience with specific rooms -- just what research I've done on here and a certain website with pictures :)

I have seen the 4Js and I would choose that over an interior, but no room beats 2470 IMHO besides the Captains suite. Had it twice on Glory and Jan 5 on Conquest. The extra space is amazing and it's so convenient to all the night time activities. A lot of stuff is located aft. No brainier. 2470-2473 are the only rooms I will book. Even turned down a free upgrade to a balcony.

The first 3 are on Glory, the last one is Conquest. They are identical except for the paintings on the wall.

aba8ateb.jpg

merarude.jpgpy6yvyqu.jpgja7ebyta.jpg

Thank you! I love the size and having two windows would be nice. The only thing I'm fighting with is the amount of time we will actually be in the room to enjoy it and take advantage of the space. That is what is holding me back.

Oh and I double checked, the price is only $70 more, not $100... ahhhh what to do?!

Thank you! I love the size and having two windows would be nice. The only thing I'm fighting with is the amount of time we will actually be in the room to enjoy it and take advantage of the space. That is what is holding me back.

Oh and I double checked, the price is only $70 more, not $100... ahhhh what to do?!

Just do it. Those 4Js are tiny. It's so nice to be able to walk around each other and not be in the way. Plus all that extra space. I was on quarantine for 24 hours on the Conquest and I would have gone crazy being cooped up in a little tiny room. Don't worry, it was food poisoning - not contagious so I didn't leave any germs behind :D

JUST DO IT!!!

We have a 4J on a corner on the 6 level on Conquest on Liberty for Feb 1st. I had a chance to go to a balcony but my husband and I once we saw pictures of this cabin we are not going to change. In fact our friend who had gotten same room on the 7th switched to a main floor OV aft . Now she is regretting it. We will be able to see entering ports that I like to do in the morning before anyone is up and not have to walk half way around the ship. I would take it. More roomy if you can get the corner.

Just got off the phone with Carnival and we switched! Since port fees & taxes increased, it cost us $104 extra but I think it will be worth it (I hope, lol). We had less than $100 to pay on our balance anyway, so the extra cost is manageable. Thank you everyone for your feedback!

Just got off the phone with Carnival and we switched! Since port fees & taxes increased, it cost us $104 extra but I think it will be worth it (I hope, lol). We had less than $100 to pay on our balance anyway, so the extra cost is manageable. Thank you everyone for your feedback!

...Yeah! Good job! Well done! Glad it was still available!

Firemanbobswife - it looks like you've had this room a few times... do you know if it's possible to request a couple more of those armchairs (and maybe even another table) for the room?

As well, the placement of the closets is interesting... is it one on one side and two on the other? His and hers?? :)

Thanks,

Celine

Firemanbobswife - it looks like you've had this room a few times... do you know if it's possible to request a couple more of those armchairs (and maybe even another table) for the room?

As well, the placement of the closets is interesting... is it one on one side and two on the other? His and hers?? :)

Thanks,

Celine

I'm not sure where they would get them from, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask. With the sofa there, there is plenty of seating available.

Yes, there is one closet on the left (when you're facing the door) next to the bathroom and 2 on the right. The one closest to the tv has the full length mirror. The one by the door has the life vests on top.

Believe it or not, I always had the single closet along with all but 2 drawers. Leaving the others to my mom (twice) and hubby this last time. PLENTY of space. Suitcases go under the bed.

You will LOVE this room!!!

I'm not sure where they would get them from, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask. With the sofa there, there is plenty of seating available.

Yes, there is one closet on the left (when you're facing the door) next to the bathroom and 2 on the right. The one closest to the tv has the full length mirror. The one by the door has the life vests on top.

Believe it or not, I always had the single closet along with all but 2 drawers. Leaving the others to my mom (twice) and hubby this last time. PLENTY of space. Suitcases go under the bed.

You will LOVE this room!!!

Perfect - thanks for the info! We'll be cruising with 2 other couples, and we'd love to be able to host them for pre-dinner drinks, etc. I think this room will definitley fit the bill. :D

My hubby can have the single closet... I'm calling dibs on the other two. :p

When we found out this room is available for both legs of our B2B we were thrilled!! The vibration thing doesn't scare us a bit - we had an aft balcony on our B2B in Europe and rather enjoyed the vibration and extra movement. The the vibration noise when docking was our wakeup call. :D

Can hardly wait!!!

C.

Perfect - thanks for the info! We'll be cruising with 2 other couples, and we'd love to be able to host them for pre-dinner drinks, etc. I think this room will definitley fit the bill. :D

My hubby can have the single closet... I'm calling dibs on the other two. :p

When we found out this room is available for both legs of our B2B we were thrilled!! The vibration thing doesn't scare us a bit - we had an aft balcony on our B2B in Europe and rather enjoyed the vibration and extra movement. The the vibration noise when docking was our wakeup call. :D

Can hardly wait!!!

C.

I love the vibration and white noise as well (which you get when underway)! This is the only room I will book unless they want to upgrade me to the Captain's Suite for free LOL!!

I can't find one thing wrong with it.

The first time we had it, my sister, her friend, and my mom all played cards sitting on the floor. They had the other room just like it - 2473. Best rooms on the ship IMHO!

All of you should be fine with the seating already in the room. Have fun!