Interior with picture window?

Kcruiser2014

I just placed a courtesy hold for stateroom 10201 on Carnival Magic. It is an interior room with a picture window? I've only cruised on RC, so I've never heard of such a thing. It appears that it looks over a deck on the bow of deck 10. Can you get to that deck? It is a modified cabin, as opposed to a fully accessible cabin. Should I be able to get a wheelchair in it? DH normally can walk short distances, unless he is having a really bad day, so it should work. I couldn't seem to find any fully accessible staterooms in the website, but as long as he isn't really bad, it should be fine. Has anyone stayed in a similar room? I just don't know if it is a good choice.

It's lookin like you will be able to get out on the bow deck on level 10

Using detailed deck plans, I see stairs leading up/down from that level

probably down to 9. Navigation Bridge is on 8.

Under the Bridge, you should also be able to access bow decks on levels 6 and 7

again with interconnecting stairs.

This is what it looks like out on Victory's bow deck on 7.

BowDeck-37.jpg

Notice the nav.bridge on deck 8, behind the darkened glass.

Edited by Aplmac

The doors out to front deck on the ships I've been on it on (Legend, Destiny) have inner and outer doors with a 3 or 4 inch tall lip. If the ship is moving, there is always a very strong wind blowing against the outer door and you really need to only open one door at a time, which means you need to get into the fairly small (4' by 4') space between the doors before opening the other door. It might be quite difficult to maneuver a chair through that arrangement and if he is having mobility issues at the time he might also have issues.

It's much less complicated when the ship is docked.

Not looking to discourage you, just want you to be aware.

You will love this room. We have stayed in it before. I can not remember if I posted pics on cruise line rooms dot com but you can look. I know it says modified room but my DH is confined to a wheelchair and we had no problems with this room. The only complaint I had about this room was with it being at the front of the ship you do feel more movement but not bad enough to affect us. A great quite location. There is a door just a few feet from your door that leads to the front deck are. Great place for sail away or coming into port. Way to windy to be out there on sea days though.

I just placed a courtesy hold for stateroom 10201 on Carnival Magic.

It is an "interior room" with a picture window?

I've only cruised on RC, so I've never heard of such a thing.

I just don't know if it is a good choice.

It's an excellent choice

unless you are somewhat prone to motion sickness, since you're right up front.

That cabin is classified as an interior

but it has a window, Lucky You! :)

You'll likely be quite happy with the size of this cabin relative to what you paid

because Carnival cabins tend to be a bit more spacious than other lines.

Edited by Aplmac

I have not had that room but we always get the first balcony room on the floor below. Love going out onto the front bow, but as previously posted it can be difficult getting the door open when the ship is moving. But I love going out there to check the temp when we are pulling into a port. The only other thing is the walk to the very front of the ship is a long one, so plan on using the wheelchair for that. Oh, one more thing, make sure you close your drapes, because when people are on the bow deck they can see right into your room:eek:.

Thanks to all of you who have responded. I think I'll go ahead and make the deposit. Since he normally can walk short distances, I think this will work well. The price was great, so that really helps. I just paid the final payment on another cruise in March, so the $50 deposit comes at the right time!

We had 10206 on the Breeze, same class of ship. I think that 10201 is a HC modified cabin. Make sure you contact special needs and let them know that you need a HC cabin so you do not get bumped.

Here is a link to cabin 10206 photos. 10201 will be a little larger and the shower is bigger with no lip.

http://s594.photobucket.com/user/welldone60/library/Breeze%2010206?sort=2&page=1

Oh, one more thing, make sure you close your drapes, because when people are on the bow deck they can see right into your room:eek:.

And in the evening you will be required to as the light messes with ship navigation. Your room steward will come tell you this.