Beware of NCL false advertising

badcruising

We recently went on a Norwegian Cruise and booked the particular cruise ship because Norwegian advertised that they had a golf driving range on board. We were on a 7 day cruise most of which was out at sea with only 1 port so what one could do on the boat was pretty important. The driving range was a key item for us choosing this cruise ship. There was no driving range on the ship at all. I tried to dispute the charges as I felt like I was subject to bait and switch and Norwegian's response stated clearly that they shall not be obligated to honor any booking resulting from misprints or errors of any kind, whether in brochures, advertisements on the Internet ... So beware of NCL because if they advertise certain activities on the ship you are not guaranteed that those activities are actually on that particular ship. It's like advertising a swimming pool but then there isn't one when you board the ship .. may upset a few people who enjoy lying by the pool or taking a swim.

If I can't get any justice from Norwegian then maybe the law will help out as bait and switch is illegal in many states. Wish me luck!

Badcrusing

Take no notice of the creeps defending NCL. I would be more than happy to take up your cause, and represent you in court if it gets that far.

I'll swing the driver and hit them nasty, no good for nothing, misleading sons of b's as far as I can, and get you the maximum compensation you deserve.

My fees are just $500 up front and 2% of the payout.

My credentials are first class

No I'm not actually a real attorney, but that doesn't matter, because there wasn't actually a Golf Range advertised either. So it all adds up to even bigger nonesense. ;)

What if the OP was actually telling the truth? What if he was expecting to hit golf balls in his spare time? Suppose, while planning the trip, his significant other said she looked forward to sunbathing and he said "I'll hit golf balls while you sunbathe"?

These people call this a "driving range": http://addpsd.com/images/Indoor%20Driving%20Range

So, what if the OP wasn't expecting hundreds of yards of green grass, but some sort of setup where he could practice his swing?

What if the vitriol and animosity drove him away and never return to cruise critic?

What if the questions on his integrity such as "Does NCL even do a 7 night cruise with only one port day?" which was supported with "My very first thought."

If he went on the ship expecting a sushi bar and there wasn't one, I think he should be able to voice his disappointment to the cruise line and certainly ask for some compensation. And just as I support his ability to ask the cruise line for what he thinks is reasonable compensation, I support the cruise line's discretion in saying "no refund for you." Even more than that, I support him coming to a forum like this and sharing his experience.

I know that speaking (even remotely) against "the most awesomest cruise line ever" is grounds for public flogging :) (thank goodness, it's not a public flaying). So, while I champion the OP's right to share his experience, I brace myself for the beating. :)

What if the OP was actually telling the truth? What if ...

speaking (even remotely) against "the most awesomest cruise line ever" is grounds for public flogging :) (thank goodness, it's not a public flaying). So, while I champion the OP's right to share his experience, I brace myself for the beating. :)

+1 Like

(those that dislike, they can also ignore & skip reading it, right :rolleyes:)

See, you are going to be challenged by someone about your "credentials" on posting on the NCL sub-forum since you haven't sailed yet (based on your signature, of course ... and, I can brag that we have "Titanium Jade" status on WXYL line too)

What's do you think is worst, flogging & lynching - IMO, neither - lately, my "Ignore List" keep getting longer so they are talking to themselves - humors or not - and catching the mirrored reflections of their futile attempts at censorship and selfish reasons of not thinking about others who disagreed with their way or the byway. Just don't mind them at all.

You both do know you're responsing to a one post poster who hasn't written for a year and 3 months since thread started, right? It clear the OP is not going to care about the efforts, anyway......

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

You both do know you're responsing to a one post poster who hasn't written for a year and 3 months since thread started, right? It clear the OP is not going to care about the efforts, anyway......

Yep. The OP hasn't logged in since the week of that original post. My comments are intended to (hopefully) bring awareness to how venomous some of the responses are. Hopefully, by raising this awareness, it will make it easier for others to post without fear of ridicule.

Ideally, unless someone is clearly a "troll" or being antagonistic I'd like to take them at "face value". If they appear to be a "troll" then there's always the "report post" icon. :)

Yep. The OP hasn't logged in since the week of that original post. My comments are intended to (hopefully) bring awareness to how venomous some of the responses are. Hopefully, by raising this awareness, it will make it easier for others to post without fear of ridicule.

Ideally, unless someone is clearly a "troll" or being antagonistic I'd like to take them at "face value". If they appear to be a "troll" then there's always the "report post" icon. :)

If anything, it just proves that posters in the NCL forum having packing venom for year(s). Not much has changed, sadly....

If you are going to Bermuda of course- there are plenty of golf courses there.

And for someone like me who enjoys watching golf, there was mini golf on the ship as well as Fun Golf in Bermuda. If you go to Port Canveral, there is Golf and Gator etc... I don't think one needs to be dependent on NCL for golfing.