Fairbanks Transfers & Shuttles

MVPinBoynton

We will be at the Princess Riverside Lodge in Fairbanks. My TA just told me that if I want transfers to the airport that Princess charges $89 PP. After searching some threads, I need some clarification from those of you that have been there - done that.

Apparently the airport is very close to the Princess Lodge and I have read that the lodge provides free shuttles to the airport as well as into town. Is this true? If it is true, why would anyone pay for a transfer if free shuttles are available?

If there are shuttles into town, does anyone know when the last shuttle is? It would be nice to try a Fairbanks restaurant rather than eat at the lodge if possible.

Hopefully your TA was mistaken -- $89 per person for a transfer from the Fairbanks Princess to Fairbanks International Airport would be highway robbery!! The Fairbanks Princess is essentially on the west side of Airport Way with the airport on the east side. Since we live here we rarely take taxis, but I am guessing (and I mean guessing) that a taxi from the Princess to the airport would be about $10 or so dollars. I also have seen a Princess shuttle van at the airport a number of times.

The Fairbanks Princess is within half a mile to one of my favorite Fairbanks restaurants -- Chena's Bar and Grill. Just walk along the access road. Even closer is Pike's Landing. Use the search function to find a recent thread regarding Fairbanks restaurants; I posted a number of comments and opinions.

Hopefully your TA was mistaken -- $89 per person for a transfer from the Fairbanks Princess to Fairbanks International Airport would be highway robbery!! The Fairbanks Princess is essentially on the west side of Airport Way with the airport on the east side. Since we live here we rarely take taxis, but I am guessing (and I mean guessing) that a taxi from the Princess to the airport would be about $10 or so dollars. I also have seen a Princess shuttle van at the airport a number of times.

The Fairbanks Princess is within half a mile to one of my favorite Fairbanks restaurants -- Chena's Bar and Grill. Just walk along the access road. Even closer is Pike's Landing. Use the search function to find a recent thread regarding Fairbanks restaurants; I posted a number of comments and opinions.

Thanks, I will get him to reaffirm the transfer price. That does seem quite riduculous; but that doesn't mean they can't charge it. I have seen some of your other posts regarding Fairbanks restaurants also and will be going back over them when we get closer to the cruise.

Thanks, I will get him to reaffirm the transfer price. That does seem quite riduculous; but that doesn't mean they can't charge it.

I really hope that someone who has used a taxi from FAI to the Fairbanks Princess will post the fare amount. The fare to the Princess also must be similar to that to Pike's Waterfront Lodge or the River's Edge Resort, both of which are very close to the airport. There could be an airport "drop fee" so my $10.00 "gestimate" might be low -- possibly the fare is more in the $15.00 range. Driving slowly from the airport to the Princess would take about ten minutes.

We live on the southern end of Chena Ridge overlooking the confluence of the Chena and Tanana Rivers, and last winter the taxi fare from the airport to our home, including a generous tip, was $40.00. It is approximately a 35 minute drive from the airport to our home. So that gives you some idea of how outrageous that transfer price would be.

Also, Fairbanks has a number of taxi companies. There is no shortage of cabs.

I really hope that someone who has used a taxi from FAI to the Fairbanks Princess will post the fare amount. The fare to the Princess also must be similar to that to Pike's Waterfront Lodge or the River's Edge Resort, both of which are very close to the airport. There could be an airport "drop fee" so my $10.00 "gestimate" might be low -- possibly the fare is more in the $15.00 range. Driving slowly from the airport to the Princess would take about ten minutes.

We live on the southern end of Chena Ridge overlooking the confluence of the Chena and Tanana Rivers, and last winter the taxi fare from the airport to our home, including a generous tip, was $40.00. It is approximately a 35 minute drive from the airport to our home. So that gives you some idea of how outrageous that transfer price would be.

Also, Fairbanks has a number of taxi companies. There is no shortage of cabs.

Those rates all sound most reasonable. Hopefully someone can give some other first hand info.

Here's a crazy thought, why not look at the Princess Lodge web site ?

<< Ideally located just minutes from the Fairbanks International Airport and Alaska Railroad depot, the Fairbanks Princess Riverside Lodge offers a free shuttle to both.>>>

http://www.princesslodges.com/fairbanks-lodge.cfm

Well, lets just try another crazy thought and check TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor reviews for 2013 mention a PAID (not free) shuttle.

We stayed at the Princess Fairbanks last year and the shuttle from the airport was free. They had a couple of buses there when we had arrived. Got luggage tags from the Princess lodge rep since we weren't part of a cruisetour. Think they delivered them to the room some time soon after we checked in.