Regent's "DMZ Third Tunnel" excursion

IdRathrBCruzn

I've searched this forum and the Ports forum for info regarding this excursion in Inchon (Seoul), South Korea. Didn't find much. I suspect it does not include going to the JSA (Joint Security Area). I've read trip reviews on other travel websites that indicate it's not worth going on a DMZ excursion if it does not include the JSA. Anyone have experience with Regent's excursion "DMZ Third Tunnel" that is 5 hours? Thank you.

We were on Voyager last year when it called at Incheon but chose an alternative excursion option. Those who did visit the DMZ said it was a fascinating trip and we rather wished we'd chosen it - not that the tour of Seoul wasn't interesting too.

I wrote about our day in Seoul here - http://www.elegantsufficiency.org/blog/2013/3/13/an-nyoung-ha-seh-yo-seoul.html sorry I can't offer any specific info about the DMZ but if it tempts you, go for it!! Who knows when you'll get another chance to visit?

We took the excursion to DMZ and loved it; only negative, we were not able to cross into any nK territory to collect another country. :) Besides the tunnel, we did go to a great lookout to view the DMZ and the "joint" industrial city on nK side.

Hi, I did a DMZ tour, not with Regent as I was visiting Seoul for work, but enjoyed it.

The third tunnel is amazing when you consider that you get to, from memory, 100 meters of the NK side. I took the monorail down, which was interesting by itself.

Taking photos at the observation point is a bit of a challenge for those who are vertically challenged, as you need to be behind the line and need to take photos over those who are in front of you (not taking photos). If you have a camera with a LCD display that you can flip out, use that, I turned my camera upside down and took my photos that way. Then rotated them 180 degrees when I was editing them.

The only place I did not get to visit was Panmunjeom, which is apparently interesting as well. They did include the train station where the trains from North used to terminate, but that was fairly boring, as it was train station with no trains :)