Tips, secrets etc. re Preziosa, also Drink Package?

Waihekean

Have just booked the July 19, 2014 Venice to Venice 7 day cruise on the Preziosa. As I am new to MSC and also this ship I went to do my usual research about finding things out re a new ship, but there is such little info (even not much on YouTube). Most seems to be about the Divina.

Further I am getting really confused about the Allegrissimo drink package. Have the adult non premium one. How does it work? Keep reading about coupons and vouchers. Seems that the package itself is a good deal, but are you limited to so many drinks per category? And can you take drinks out of the mini bar or is that only for the yacht club. BTW I'm in a normal cabin.

My last cruises were with Celebrity so am used to their package. Also been with Princess where we had a coffee card.

Any advice would be appreciated:)

Others will know far more about it than I do, but from my reading I think that the Allegressimo package is one way of pre-purchasing drinks and the vouchers is another way. The Allegressimo package gives you unlimited access to a wide (but not exhaustive) range of drinks including speciality coffee and also gelato. There are many more expensive items that are not included but its a good basic package and most people are more than happy with it. It can be used in all the restaurants etc on the ship. The vouchers works the same way but is more limited in quantity - you purchase a set number and that is how many drinks you have prepaid for.

I believe that the minibar isn't included (except for Yacht Club).

If you go onto MSC website on the left-hand side of the homepage is a section about the Allegrissimo package. Click on that and you'll be directed to the page that outlines what's included. It really is great value as it's surprising how much your bill can add up if buying drinks, etc. individually. Especially when 15% service charge is added on. It's €23pppd and you need to pre-order it - if you get it on board the 15% is added on. It doesn't include the minibar or bottled water in your cabin or the pastries, etc from the Gelateria menu but it does include the ice-cream cones. Voucher packages are bought onboard and stipulate the number of drinks, e.g. 7 beers or 7 bottles of wine or water or coffee. You surrender a voucher each time you order whatever it covers. If you opt for the Allegrissimo -even if you're not a big drinker - you can order speciality coffees, non-alcoholic beverages & cocktails, water and wine at mealtimes without worrying about the final bill.

The premium Allegrissimo includes the minibar, room service menu, bottled water in the cabin, premium (top shelf) whiskies, brandies, etc. and all items on the Gelataria menu and champagne cocktails. As this is €42pppd it may not seem such great value. I get the premium package as I enjoy having a drink from the minibar as I'm dressing for dinner, being able to order food to the cabin if I don't feel like going for lunch and having that extra-special XO brandy after dinner. Just sitting in the (equivalent of) Phoenician Plaza (it's called La Piazzetta on Splendida but same area of ship) having a helping (or two) from the scrumptious Gelataria menu with a coffee (and Baileys`s) feels like total indulgence.

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks Kat & Beamafar,

Starting to get the hang of this package. Had already bought the package as I did know about not having to pay the 15% if bought via TA.

But was not sure if cocktails were included, so that is great news. Also like the fact that I do not have to bother with vouchers, although can imagine it is an okay alternative for some people.

I usually take drink packages for the capuccino and freshly squeezed orange juice. Also for the convenience of not having to sign all the time.

These have been on Celebrity and have been the non alco packages.

So, looking forward this time to really indulge myself in my favourite Limoncello cocktail:p:p

Going to try the MSC website again to find more things out about the cruise.

Well, found most info regarding re the drink packages. Now I am trying to find out price of the Adult deck, the speciality restaurants, the bowling and the 4d cinema.

Guess I can search in the Divina posts for that.

Well, found most info regarding re the drink packages. Now I am trying to find out price of the Adult deck, the speciality restaurants, the bowling and the 4d cinema.

Guess I can search in the Divina posts for that.

The info from my Daily Program from Divina in December states:

4D Cinema=$7 per show.

Top 18 Solarium=Full Day/$10; Half Day/$5; Whole cruise/$50

The info from my Daily Program from Divina in December states:

4D Cinema=$7 per show.

Top 18 Solarium=Full Day/$10; Half Day/$5; Whole cruise/$50

Thanks Cruisergal, found on the search that fee for Adult deck is 15 euro per day or 80 euro for the week. So that is a lot dearer then your fee. maybe it is cheaper in the Caribbean?

Here are the prices for the specialty restaurants on board MSC Divina:

Eataly Steakhouse: a la carte ranging from $5.90 to $60 (a steak for two)

Ristorante Italia: $34 per person

Galaxy Restaurant Brunch: $28 per person

Galaxy Restaurant Dinner: a la carte or a choice from 3 price fixe options ranging from $25 to $59 per person

(prices are just a guideline and are subject to change without prior notice)