Holiday Inn Express & Suites FLL state road FULL OF CRAP

littlered87

I looked up reviews on 3 hotels semiclose to port/beach that offered the stay park & cruise package. I called Holiday Inn express to book since their reviews were the best throughout... I was quoted by the woman on the phone $125 with free parking for up to 7 days and $10 a day after that and 2 free one way shuttles to the port... I said thanks i will book online... couldnt find that price online so i called back to verify & book over the phone... for the SECOND time and by a different person i was told the same rate as before.. so i booked at $125 with one additional day of parking for $10 ..got the email confirmation and it said i had to pay $10 for EVERY day parked there... I called immediately and talked to a THIRD person.. they verified that the first 2 were correct that i got 7 days of free parking and that she would note it on my reservation and send me an updated reservation ... I checked my email... she did NOTHING different... so i called AGAIN.... Now the 4th person is saying the first 3 were wrong & had a bad attitude and thought it was funny that i got lied to THREE times... I told them to cancel my reservation. I will NOT be doing business with a HI ever again. I am SO frustrated right now, as if its not difficult enough to find a hotel in an area youve never been to before thats not in a bad area, has what you want, and is close to what you need....

Did you try the HIE on 1500 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY? We are staying there in March and I read reviews on Trip Advisor about free parking. Now, is it free parking while you are away on a cruise and not staying at the hotel... that I cannot advise. Try calling them. :)

BTW- I think that $10 a day while you are on the cruise is not a bad price considering the cost of airport or cruise parking. Also, not sure when you are traveling, but $125 dollars a night in Ft. Lauderdale is a bargain!

Edited by Iamthesea

Did you talk to the manager to straighten it out? Hotel desk staff changes all day long. IF there was any question, you should always go to the manager. Also take the NAMES of all people you talk to. Many cruisers think when a hotel offers free parking it means while you are gone too. Lots of times it does not.

Don't get so strung out over the misunderstanding. It really isn't that big a deal in the big picture. You will be fine. Bumps in the road happen all the time. Happy cruising!

Edited by eandj

I looked up reviews on 3 hotels semiclose to port/beach that offered the stay park & cruise package. I called Holiday Inn express to book since their reviews were the best throughout... I was quoted by the woman on the phone $125 with free parking for up to 7 days and $10 a day after that and 2 free one way shuttles to the port... I said thanks i will book online... couldnt find that price online so i called back to verify & book over the phone... for the SECOND time and by a different person i was told the same rate as before.. so i booked at $125 with one additional day of parking for $10 ..got the email confirmation and it said i had to pay $10 for EVERY day parked there... I called immediately and talked to a THIRD person.. they verified that the first 2 were correct that i got 7 days of free parking and that she would note it on my reservation and send me an updated reservation ... I checked my email... she did NOTHING different... so i called AGAIN.... Now the 4th person is saying the first 3 were wrong & had a bad attitude and thought it was funny that i got lied to THREE times... I told them to cancel my reservation. I will NOT be doing business with a HI ever again. I am SO frustrated right now, as if its not difficult enough to find a hotel in an area youve never been to before thats not in a bad area, has what you want, and is close to what you need....

If you called the 800 number you spoke to someone in India. Call the 954 area code number and speak to someone directly at the hotel. FWIW, I can't imagine they offer free parking during a cruise because that hotel is crammed on a small lot. I may be mistaken but call. The 800 number will get you no answers because they have no clue what goes on at each hotel.

Did you try the HIE on 1500 SE 17TH STREET CAUSEWAY? We are staying there in March and I read reviews on Trip Advisor about free parking. Now, is it free parking while you are away on a cruise and not staying at the hotel... that I cannot advise. Try calling them. :)

BTW- I think that $10 a day while you are on the cruise is not a bad price considering the cost of airport or cruise parking. Also, not sure when you are traveling, but $125 dollars a night in Ft. Lauderdale is a bargain!

I did try that one first, they said they don't have the stay park cruise package available for the dates we need but thanks for the suggestion ...we're traveling in September- off season

Did you talk to the manager to straighten it out? Hotel desk staff changes all day long. IF there was any question, you should always go to the manager. Also take the NAMES of all people you talk to. Many cruisers think when a hotel offers free parking it means while you are gone too. Lots of times it does not.

Don't get so strung out over the misunderstanding. It really isn't that big a deal in the big picture. You will be fine. Bumps in the road happen all the time. Happy cruising!

It wasn't hotel desk staff, it was the 800 reservation number & I did happen to take names. & I did clarify that I got the 7 days of free parking AFTER our stay with ALL of the people I talked to. ..this is 100% their mistake.. However today it was resolved. You don't think being lied to THREE times is a big deal? & yeah im aware that I will be fine. Im just letting other people know not to fall for it if they are told about the same deal.

It wasn't hotel desk staff, it was the 800 reservation number & I did happen to take names. & I did clarify that I got the 7 days of free parking AFTER our stay with ALL of the people I talked to. ..this is 100% their mistake.. However today it was resolved. You don't think being lied to THREE times is a big deal? & yeah im aware that I will be fine. Im just letting other people know not to fall for it if they are told about the same deal.

Again, don't be surprised if you get to the hotel and they have no idea what you are talking about. The parking lot for that hotel is small.

Call the hotel directly and make sure with them. I can promise you the hotel will not give a rats ass who you spoke to at the 800 number. Each hotel is individually owned.

I didn't realize that the OP had not talked to the local HIE and has been contacting the 800 number for all these calls. I always book directly with a hotel by THEIR website, email or phone number.

Interested to find how this was resolved. ;)

That's why I keep telling her to call the hotel. No one at the hotel will care what they told her.

The Summerfield Suites and the Holiday Inn share a small parking lot.

Again, don't be surprised if you get to the hotel and they have no idea what you are talking about. The parking lot for that hotel is small.

Call the hotel directly and make sure with them. I can promise you the hotel will not give a rats ass who you spoke to at the 800 number. Each hotel is individually owned.

Thats exactly what I did this time I called and talked to the manager and told her what was going on... Not only did they give me the rate quoted to me by the central booking they also gave us 8 days of free parking for the run around!! She even noted it on my booking and emailed me a copy of everything she put in there so i have proof & her name . She was every bit of amazing! & I cant believe we got lucky enough for her to do that!

Thats exactly what I did this time I called and talked to the manager and told her what was going on... Not only did they give me the rate quoted to me by the central booking they also gave us 8 days of free parking for the run around!! She even noted it on my booking and emailed me a copy of everything she put in there so i have proof & her name . She was every bit of amazing! & I cant believe we got lucky enough for her to do that!

That's fantastic!