Sightseeing in Galveston after cruise w/ luggage

gratamama

Bad idea, right?

Plane tix from Chicago to Houston are ridiculous, imo, so we are taking a super budget flight at gets us into IAH late the night before cruise. On way home, we're planning on flying out of Hobby (haven't bought tix yet, still watching fares)

Anyway, I have never really spent any time in TX, and that afternoon post-cruise is a chance to experience Galveston, at least. There will be 2 adults with suitcases, 1 9-year-old with a suitcase. This is just not worth it, right? Save it for some other time when (if) I do a Galveston cruise?

considering a SWA flight from Hobby that leaves at 7 p.m. or a 1:45 out of Hobby (no tourism time). If you did have 3-5 hours post cruise, what would you do?

• 1 month later...

If your on Royal they have luggage valet. You fill out and form and pay to have your luggage taken directly to the airport. You don't see your luggage again until your at your home airport.

• 2 weeks later...

We have same issue of 7 pm flight from Hobby in April. Cool Tours is going to pick us up from the ship and store our luggage for the day. We will take one of their island tours and then they will take us to Hobby. The owner Steve has been very responsive to calls and emails. I wasn't able to find any reviews from anybody who had done similar so it is a bit of a gamble but Steve sounded on top of things.