Liberty of the Seas - how early or late

danoconnl

We are cruising on 2/10 on Liberty of the Seas, getting in the night before. I hate waiting in lines, how early or late should we get there to avoid lines or hassles.

I heard somewhere that getting there at 10:30am they were on the boat by 11:30, but I wasn't sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks

Dan

We are cruising on 2/10 on Liberty of the Seas, getting in the night before. I hate waiting in lines, how early or late should we get there to avoid lines or hassles.

I heard somewhere that getting there at 10:30am they were on the boat by 11:30, but I wasn't sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks

Dan

cruised on LOS in Dec.... left on hotel shuttle @ 11:30, and was sitting on the ship by 12... line was moving very quickly

We were on the 7 Dec sailing - got to Pier at 1145 an it took us an hour to finally get onboard. Friends got there at 1030 an were on by 11.

Next time we'll go earlier!

How quickly does disembarkation go for the LOS?

Thanks

Dan

In December we arrived at 10:45 and were onboard by 11:15.

Looks like you're not going after (for embarkation) or during (for disembarkation) on a Belieze cruise. It's been reported here and I've heard even reps for rci say that for whatever reason that port stop makes customs longer.

I just got off a five day cruise I planned to be at pier at 11am to board dropped my Hertz rental car at crown plaza and the rental area was a complete zoo - as a result did not get to pier till 12:45 should of got a cab. The line looked ok outside moved ok but the security stopped scanning for 30 min to all check in to catch up from the surge. Was on board about 2:30. So not fast or fun but I think timing is everything had I got there around 11 as planned all would be good. Or if had waited till 2 would of been better also avoid noon till 1. I chose to self disembark which required me to carry my own bags off. I arrived at lounge about 7:05 they started to disembark about 7:10 I was in my cab at 7:30 fast very fast. I will do this again - almost zero waiting just walking.

Looks like you're not going after (for embarkation) or during (for disembarkation) on a Belieze cruise. It's been reported here and I've heard even reps for rci say that for whatever reason that port stop makes customs longer.

The only problems that we encountered were in Belieze itself. Tendering off and tendering back on. Made no difference once back to FLL.

We have cruised on Liberty twice and found both embarkation and debarkation much slower than other ships. I believe the delay in getting on is due to the incredible lack of organization with clearing the ship. We waited in the stairwell for over an hour, after our supposedly priority number was called, just to get off ship. Customs line was long but moved. Best guess is if you are at the dock by 10:30 to 11 figure on about an hour or so.

When we went in Nov. we got to the pier around 10:30, we boarded by 12:00. I knew we would be early and there would be a wait since it was only the fourth sailing after the TA. But at least we had a place to sit and wait. Getting off the ship was not fun, but we were on the road by 9:30.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off a five day cruise I planned to be at pier at 11am to board dropped my Hertz rental car at crown plaza and the rental area was a complete zoo - as a result did not get to pier till 12:45 should of got a cab. The line looked ok outside moved ok but the security stopped scanning for 30 min to all check in to catch up from the surge. Was on board about 2:30. So not fast or fun but I think timing is everything had I got there around 11 as planned all would be good. Or if had waited till 2 would of been better also avoid noon till 1. I chose to self disembark which required me to carry my own bags off. I arrived at lounge about 7:05 they started to disembark about 7:10 I was in my cab at 7:30 fast very fast. I will do this again - almost zero waiting just walking.

AdvGirl,

I saw in another post that you stayed in 6234 on Liberty, how was that room,

We are staying there, just got upgraded, but I was worried about being over the cigar bar/ sphynx area and noise.

Thanks

Dan

We were on Liberty last month and were on the ship before noon. Disembarking was a bit lengthier but as we were not in a rush to get off, we were still off the ship, had located our luggage and cleared Customs by 9am. Not as great experience as we have had when we sailed on Oasis or Allure but not a major problem.:)