Quick Question About Carry On Bags

What type of bags are you allowed to carry on the ship on embarkation day?

Are you allowed more than 1 per person?

I am trying to get an idea what has to be dropped at the curb and what we should carry with us through check in. Thanks in advance for the advice.

You can bring as many bags as you like, and they all have to fit thru an airport type x-ray scanner.

I have a nice size messenger bag my husband brings a back pack & his computer bag. The kids usually have a backpack too (depending on how long a trip they might each have one)

One time I did a scrapbook cruise so I had my purse, messenger bag and a rolling scrapbook tote.

In any case I make sure I carry any necessities - medicine & a change of clothes

Edited by hansolosmom

The scanner is the same size as the one they use at the airport for hand luggage, so any thing that will fit as a carry on in the air, will fit through the scanner on board. But it's much looser than the airlines, you can have as many bags as you need - but you will have to lug them around till you can get to your cabin at 1 PM. There is no where to check them while you walk around like a bell stand at a hotel. Either you check them to be delivered to your stateroom or carry them until your stateroom is available.

It's a good idea to keep your medicines, documents and valuables with you in your carry on. Some folks bring a change of clothes if they've come from "winter" or would like to hit the swimming pool right away. Others hedge their bets by packing a suitable dinner outfit in case their bags are delayed being delivered (I can say after many cruises this has happened to me NEVER, and it's rarely reported on CC, so it's rare for them not to get to you by 5 ish!)