Where I can drink my wine I bring onboard

coltsmama

Forgive me if this has been answered a million times, I tried searching for related posts, but couldnt find the answer i'm looking for.

I will be sailing out of Galveston on the Magic on 2/2/14, the 'superbowl cruise' and i know that the Cheers program is not available until the 2nd day out of Texas. We are planning on just drinking the wine we are allowed to bring onboard during the superbowl. Will this be an issue? Can i cart around my whole bottle or do i need to keep it in my room and just have a glass with me? Thanks in advance! :)

Forgive me if this has been answered a million times, I tried searching for related posts, but couldnt find the answer i'm looking for.

I will be sailing out of Galveston on the Magic on 2/2/14, the 'superbowl cruise' and i know that the Cheers program is not available until the 2nd day out of Texas. We are planning on just drinking the wine we are allowed to bring onboard during the superbowl. Will this be an issue? Can i cart around my whole bottle or do i need to keep it in my room and just have a glass with me? Thanks in advance! :)

Firt of all, congrats on your first post on CC. You are allowed a 750ml bottle of wine per person in your carryon. Once on board, you can bring it anywhere on the ship. If you ask someone to open it, you could be charges a corking fee.

Firt of all, congrats on your first post on CC. You are allowed a 750ml bottle of wine per person in your carryon. Once on board, you can bring it anywhere on the ship. If you ask someone to open it, you could be charges a corking fee.

Thank you. Ive only cruised once before, in 2011 and didnt know about this handy little site back then! Getting in on it kinda late in the game, but better late than never, right? Thank you for your help

Thank you. Ive only cruised once before, in 2011 and didnt know about this handy little site back then! Getting in on it kinda late in the game, but better late than never, right? Thank you for your help

NP, enjoy your cruise.

I carry a glass with me and put some in a water bottle and put it in my purse/bag. BE CAREFUL though. With the vodka I purchased through Bon Voyage (way overpriced) my husband had it in his Bubbles program cup and went to one bartender to get ice/mixer and she had the nerve to THROW it out. He was livid. She stated that alcohol purchased thru Carnival or brought on board was to be consumed in your room! Yeah, right! Most bartenders honored his request! :D

I carry a glass with me and put some in a water bottle and put it in my purse/bag. BE CAREFUL though. With the vodka I purchased through Bon Voyage (way overpriced) my husband had it in his Bubbles program cup and went to one bartender to get ice/mixer and she had the nerve to THROW it out. He was livid. She stated that alcohol purchased thru Carnival or brought on board was to be consumed in your room! Yeah, right! Most bartenders honored his request! :D

oh geez. I would have been really ticked! Thanks for the good tip though. I dont really want to have to walk all the way back to my room everytime I need a refill, especially during the big game!

So he was livid at the bartender because he broke a rule and got caught? If you are going to break a rule, you shouldn't get livid when caught, or be livid at yourself for being an idiot.

I do know that the rule for Bon Voyage is that it's supposed to be consumed in your room. Not sure about the wine you bring on. But it makes sense that the same rules apply.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I do know that the rule for Bon Voyage is that it's supposed to be consumed in your room. Not sure about the wine you bring on. But it makes sense that the same rules apply.

Please provide a link/citation for this rule.

I've never seen a caveat/rule when buying BV liquor. So I'm very curious where it's documented.

As far as I can see there's nothing in the ticket contract about BV liquor or where you can drink the wine you brought (other than MDR corkage fee).

Thanks

I've never seen a caveat/rule when buying BV liquor. So I'm very curious where it's documented.

As far as I can see there's nothing in the ticket contract about BV liquor or where you can drink the wine you brought (other than MDR corkage fee).

Thanks

I don't know about BV but we have carried a bottle around (not around the pool mind you) but around the ship on more than several occasions. I have also bought a bottle at the bar. I have also carried bottles (unused portion) from the MDR to other areas of the ship. We have never been challenged on that.

Thanks

It's a current disclaimer when you check out. There is also a 2 item limit.

Thanks

This is what is in the FAQ. I also recall from a previous thread here on CC that it is part of the contract you get when you buy the booze from BV as stated by a poster up above.

The Fun Shops or Room Service:

Alcohol orders made through The Fun Shops or Room Service are not permitted to be taken to any location outside of the approved delivery locations specified for those products at the time of purchase. These programs are designed for in-cabin entertaining or in-dining consumption only. Consumption in public areas is strictly prohibited.

It's a current disclaimer when you check out. There is also a 2 item limit.

So it does. Cool, thanks.

I've always ordered via telephone and they've never mentioned any special rules about it.

Edited by dd2355

We bring our own box wine. We keep it in the cabin and have the cabin steward bring wine glasses. We then pour a glass of wine anytime we want and take it with us anywhere on the ship.

You can also go to any bar and ask for wine glasses to take back to your cabin. The corking charge is only assessed if you take a bottle of wine to dinner and ask your waiter to open and serve it. You can also purchase wine at dinner and your waiter will provide wine glasses and serve it. Your waiter can also keep the unused wine for you and serve it again at dinner the next evening.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Enjoy your wine. Bon Voyage!