Running on the Eurodam

The ship is not an intersection, it's a big city.

I never run "at the intersection" where the sigh is posted - forward transverse connction. I never run around the stern. Same applies to the Allure of the Seas jogging track.

I run on the longer parts of the promenade deck along the boards. Excellent!

My mom is now recovering from a broken hip thanks to someone being thoughtless and not thinking of the safety of others. It breaks my heart to see what she is going through. It sure would be nice if people thought of others once in a while. What you put out into the world will come back to you.

On some ships the signs are prominent at each curve of the promenade deck, and jogging is not permitted because there are cabins underneath. There are no signs on any ship that say "Jogging Allowed". The lower promenade deck is simply not intended for that - too much risk of collision with other pax.

Common sense and courtesy should dictate that it is not a good idea to run around the promenade deck with so many others using it to walk or relax on loungers. It is incredibly selfish to ignore signage (whether it be one sign or several) and make your own rules. I've seen joggers run past the signs, and the attitude is plainly "I'll do what I like and to heck with everyone else".

Edited by startwin

I have seen a try running on the Promenade deck but one is not supposed to do this.

This is strictly a walking deck for people who like myself either cannot run or choose to walk for our exercise. The treadmill is a great machine to run on for runners. There are several of them in the gym which is on the Lido Deck forward.

The treadmill is a machine that I swear to God was invented during the Spanish Inquisition. It is a device straight from the third level of Hell. Just to be clear..I am just making a joke here!!!

Edited by existentialtraveler

So lets get this straight. Most people when walking the promenade deck walk in the same direction, not against "traffic" so to speak. So you say you run up one side (like a sprint) then stop and run the other direction (against traffic) then repeat. That seems worse for anyone who might be walking or relaxing on the deck.

Always in the same direction.

Never against traffic.

On some ships the signs are prominent at each curve of the promenade deck, and jogging is not permitted because there are cabins underneath. There are no signs on any ship that say "Jogging Allowed". The lower promenade deck is simply not intended for that - too much risk of collision with other pax.

Common sense and courtesy should dictate that it is not a good idea to run around the promenade deck with so many others using it to walk or relax on loungers. It is incredibly selfish to ignore signage (whether it be one sign or several) and make your own rules. I've seen joggers run past the signs, and the attitude is plainly "I'll do what I like and to heck with everyone else".

Startwin...for whatever reason, some people seem just too selfish to pay attention to the rules. They're above the rules I guess. Arrogant and spoiled comes to mind.

Captain's/Staff Captains have an interesting way of handling folks who endanger others, disobey rules clearly posted that are there for safety reasons and attitude doesn't fly well with them either. Captain has absolute authority at sea and every right to put guests ashore who endanger others etc