Western Caribbean - beginning or end of Oct?

sueasselstine

Hi everyone,

DH and I are planning a W. Carib cruise for Oct, but we can't decide which one to go with - beginning or end of October. We've only ever cruised in January and July. Weather-wise, will one be better than the other? I understand it's mid-late hurricane season in that time, so will the end of Oct bring better weather???

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi everyone,

DH and I are planning a W. Carib cruise for Oct, but we can't decide which one to go with - beginning or end of October. We've only ever cruised in January and July. Weather-wise, will one be better than the other? I understand it's mid-late hurricane season in that time, so will the end of Oct bring better weather???

Thanks in advance! :)

:cool: We're going on Freedom of the Seas 10/26. You should join us. Beginning or end of October shouldn't make much differance. :cool:

Late October puts you statistically closer to the end of hurricane season.

Thank you!!

Here is a chart http://www.caribeez.com/weather/article/caribbean-hurricane-season/

We were on freedom OFTS last October and it was hot and humid.

I'm very okay with hot and humid....just not so okay with all the rocking around with a bad storm!

Thanks for your input everyone! boba, we've got it narrowed down to the itinerary, which gives us only a couple of sailings to work with....thanks for the invite though, it would have been nice to meet!

3rd week of October 2010

We were supposed to have done a Western Caribbean cruise. But Hurricane Paula changed our cruise to an Eastern Cruise.

You can't predict weather.

I think I may have sailed one day earlier than you did. I was also on a Western Caribbean cruise, but we managed to keep to the correct side of Paula and still made all our ports. But we were the only ship on Cozumel that day; all the others had been diverted!