Ladies ... let's talk Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

I only wear perfume when I'm home alone. So many peeps, including my daughter, have allergies & I hate to see them suffer (& hear them sneeze as they glare at me).

Does anyone remember Evening in Paris Perfume? Gorgeous blue bottle! It was my first perfume back in the early 60's.

I love very heady floral blends -- orange blossoms, gardenias, roses, tuberoses, ylang-ylang, geraniums.

I usually wear White Diamonds, but my dream would be to have a fragrance custom-mixed for me from essential oils!

Most modern scents are fruit based. I've read that a fruit fragrance can make a woman look 10 years younger...

fashion board...it's all so very interesting and I appreciate all of your posts...I've learned a lot.

I totally agree with FranGran (love the name.) I completely understand the "Joy" (pardon the bad pun) of wearing perfume but I sincerely hope that whatever beautiful fragrance you choose, you will use it judiciously. Sometimes it's very tough being in an enclosed space with lots of fragrances & limited air movement. (Not picking on the ladies...same with after shave). Some of us do have allergies, even though we love the products they may not agree with us.

Yes, I certainly do, Fran Gran, remember Evening in Paris. Hmmmm maybe that's what started the whole allergy thing.

Keep on posted - love reading everything.

Safe, happy travels to all of you fashionistas. See you on board!

I also love lemon and citrus scents.

My favorite lemon scent is from C O Bigelow (Bath and Body Works) and it is called Lemon. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you want all lemon and not much else, this is the scent.

Bath and Body also has an Orange Ginger scent that I buy in their body spray.

I checked my Bath and Body Works store in Canada and they have discontinued carrying the C O Bigelow brand. All we have left are some lip balms. You better check your US stores are keeping it if you need more.

I forgot to look for the Orange Ginger scent this time.

The clerk did show me a new body line called Limoncello that has a nice light body spray.

There was another that was lemon, daisy and strawberry scents, but I didn't like it as much.

I love the Jo Malone 'Wood Sage & Sea Salt'. It's pricey but so worth it! It has such a fresh scent that smells natural.

Chole’s Eau de parfum is also amazing. I've sampled Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb and it's going to be my next purchase. It's light, long-lasting, and the best 'flower scent' out there.

For those of you who love to cruise, and love perfume, check out Lili Bermuda, if you ever cruise to that beautiful island. They are a local, historical perfumery, with some very unique fragrances for women and men. They have stores in Hamilton and Royal Naval Dockyard, but their perfumery in St. George is worth making the trip over there. They offer a short tour, and there used to be a tea room there, too. My absolute favorite Lili Bermuda fragrance is Frangipanni! :cool:

I love Viva La Juicy Noir (was my wedding scent) and really all of the others I've tried (Gold Couture and Viva La Juicy), not a fan of their floral fragrance.

For a while all I wore was "Pink Sugar" by Aquolina... no I'm not 13, lol.

I recall a trip to Sephora recently where I came across the cutest bottle, I believe it was a Betsy Johnson fragrance - sprayed a little bit and immediately wanted to vomit. It was that awful.

Does anyone remember Evening in Paris Perfume? Gorgeous blue bottle! It was my first perfume back in the early 60's.

I remember that perfume, but mostly from friends older sisters.

I did like it. Some even came in a nice hard carrying bag with

a variety of the products.

In the 80's I wore Epris (Jaclyn Smith promote), always had compliments on that one. Now I wear Mackie, and switch once in awhile to the

channel de tender ( cheaper on cruise) then at home. So

have to use it up quick so I can go on another cruise.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this great thread!

Sorry if this was commented on before but has anyone tried Ralph Lauren Blue cologne/perfume?

Recently I was making a purchase in a DSW store and the lady waiting on me at the cashier's informed me, after I asked her, that it was Ralph Lauren's cologne she was wearing. It smelled amazing enough to capture my attention. I realize everyone's body chemistry is different so due to this scents tend to vary from person to person. I am just about ready to buy it but before doing so I am curious to find out your thoughts on Ralph Lauren Blue.

Thanks! :)

Edited by cruz4evr

I haven't been through all of the posts so I hope this isn't a repeat. I am a fragrance fanatic and recently found two websites that have given me so much LIFE. Scentbird and Fragrantica. The latter is more of a forum/message board like CC but dedicated to all things fragrance for men/women/unisex scents. Scentbird sends you big trial bottles for a fee/month and you can try out those ones you've always wondered about but don't want to spend lots of $$$. I turned my sis and DD on to it and both of them look forward to their new scent each month.

I haven't been through all of the posts so I hope this isn't a repeat. I am a fragrance fanatic and recently found two websites that have given me so much LIFE. Scentbird and Fragrantica. The latter is more of a forum/message board like CC but dedicated to all things fragrance for men/women/unisex scents. Scentbird sends you big trial bottles for a fee/month and you can try out those ones you've always wondered about but don't want to spend lots of $$$. I turned my sis and DD on to it and both of them look forward to their new scent each month.

Thanks for the information! :)

AMAZING GRACE by Philosophy (not any of the other "Graces"!)

I can assure you, and if you like the scent that you will get more compliments than any other fragrance you've ever worn.

Something about it just attracts people and lasts all day, even when I've forgotten what 6AM felt like and that I even had put it on!

AMAZING GRACE by Philosophy (not any of the other "Graces"!)

I can assure you, and if you like the scent that you will get more compliments than any other fragrance you've ever worn.

Something about it just attracts people and lasts all day, even when I've forgotten what 6AM felt like and that I even had put it on!

I love Amazing Grace. I also love the scent of Lolita Lempika. I am going to see if I find it duty free.

Unfortunately, one of my coworkers is allergic to perfume so I cannot wear any at work, however, he is due to retire real soon.

Another male lurker here.

A scent from back in the the day that absolutely slayed me - still does - is Charlie Blue by Revlon. When a woman walked by wearing that I swear my knees would go weak for an instant.

One that I like for myself is That Man - also by Revlon.

Rep