Mid Ship Balconies Above the waterfront - how noisy? smokey???

xcell

I thought I just got a good deal...my ocean view room had a free upgrade to a BA balcony and then the price dropped and I was able to get a mini-suite for $20 more (in total not pp). So I said yes because I was on the phone forever with my TA and NCL.

Googled it and noticed that we are right above Shaker's cocktail bar on the waterfront. Curious as to how noisy this will be at night?

Anyone in rooms 9228 to 9242???

There is a big roof sticking out over the waterfront so any smoke will be out to sea compared to your balcony before it reaches over the roof. The roof should also help to deflect/deaden any noise.

Edited by SteveH2508

We were in the mini 9240 last July. You can hear the music as well as the vocal entertainment throughout the cabin until 12:30 am when they stop. If you are early birds or have small children, it will certainly be very noticeable. It sounded like it was right next door or in the next cabin. We were not bothered by this as we were up past this time anyway and even though I am sensitive to smoke never was bothered by outside smoking down on the waterfront. I also wanted to mention that this group of cabins on the port side do not follow the deck plans in regard to where the bed is placed in relation to the sliding balcony door. It is just the opposite of all the deck plans. Have a wonderful cruise. We're on the Breakaway again this year, but would not pick a cabin over any of the bars again.

Thanks that's what I need to know. I have DD 10 and DD 7 ...my wife is going to kill me if I stay in this room. Maybe that's why there are a lot of these rooms still available.

I'm at the martini side noiser than fat cats??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Edited by xcell

Thanks that's what I need to know. I have DD 10 and DD 7 ...my wife is going to kill me if I stay in this room. Maybe that's why there are a lot of these rooms still available.

I'm at the martini side noiser than fat cats??

We were above Fat Cats and we heard the music even later and it was pretty loud. We sailed with friends and they were right above La Cucina and they never heard a peep. We also upgraded to the mini suite for very little money so you might be right, there not the most popular cabins because of the noise. Maybe you can call NCL or your TA and see if they have anything over the restaurants, there not bad and might be available. I would only be concerned about being over the bars. No smoke issue at all for us. Good luck.

I was on deck 10 right above Maltings, it was NOISY very very late at night. Smoke was never a problem but the noise level was very high. It sounded like they were on my balcony until 2am.

I would not book again above a bar, I knew about it by looking at the deck plans, but with the "roof" and being 2 deck up...Nope...the sound travels very well :(

Do you think over Ocean blue would be safer?

xcell, can you let us know if NCL was able to find you a quieter cabin? Hopefully if you let them know your traveling with children they may help you...

I will. On the website there is a room under ocean blue for my MB category. Problem is I have to call my TA for them to call NCL to switch cabins. I'm going to try and call NCL today to see if they can bypass my TA but probably not. Sidenote: RCCL website let's you switch cabins once you log in.

Called in switched it to the last possible room hopefully above ocean blue. Wonder what time the is open to.

No problem with the switch.

Its very quiet by Ocean Blue, its just the bars that you have to worry about. We are sailing the Breakaway on Sunday and our cabin is deck 13 above Ocean Blue, Ill let you know how it is.