The UPGRADE Fairy DOES Exist!!

afd492

Our family cruises once a year and always in a balcony. This year were on a budget so we booked an inside on the main deck because it was cheap. We got a call yesterday, 8 days before we sail offering us a balcony on Veranda for free! So EXCITED! :D

Our family cruises once a year and always in a balcony. This year were on a budget so we booked an inside on the main deck because it was cheap. We got a call yesterday, 8 days before we sail offering us a balcony on Veranda for free! So EXCITED! :D

That's awesome! I got upgraded on my last cruise from an inside to an ocean view for free and didn't know until I was checking in. Have a great cruise and enjoy that balcony! :D

Just happy for you..very cool...it is nice to see good folks who loyally cruise..(not talking about one line or not)..just those who loyally cruise receive the upgrade..especially a family from an inside..that is close quarters for a family, congrats...Sarah

Congrats! Enjoy!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

I thought FREE Upgrades were a thing of the past. Maybe Carnival has had a second thought and is bringing them back. I can only hope for one.

No, it's just a way for them to make more money. Insides were sold out, balconies were not. So it's worth it to upgrade an already booked insider to a balcony and sell their old inside room.

Edited by Akgoalie7

No, it's just a way for them to make more money. Insides were sold out, balconies were not. So it's worth it to upgrade an already booked insider to a balcony and sell their old inside room.

Why not just try to upsell the person calling about an inside cabin to an OV or a balcony at just a slightly higher price rather than giving the balcony away for free? I would think you could easily sell a balcony to an insider for $100 or so.

I've been upgraded 3 times if you use the strictest sense of upgrade, as in from one category to another. Example of one outside stateroom to another outside stateroom. As far as a GOOD upgrade, only one time on Carnival from an oceanview to an obstructed view balcony. Next cruise being booked will be first RCI cruise, so I'm not holding my breath being upgraded with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's a 305 number

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We got the call last mth. from a inside to a balcony free. My call came right from the CARNIVAL NUMBER. In fact I answered it " HI GIL " she said sorry I'm not Gil & then told me her name & the offer. It was two or three days before we left & our PVP always call to say have a good trip.