Kids blow up pool

emmasmomma11

Hi my husband and I are taking our two year old daughter with us on the Victory next month and It's our first time cruising. My daughter is not yet potty trained so I know she is not aloud to swim with us in the big pool. Is there a certain place that toddlers who are not potty trained can play in water? I know some cruise lines have A splash zone, does carnival offer this? If not we were planning on taking a blow up bath tub so, 1 she can take a bath at night and to also use as a little pool. Can I set it up where the pool is? Also where do I get the water from to fill it up? Sorry for all the questions, I just like to be prepared. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There was a lady who posted a review who used a blow up tub for her son. She said she used the shower in one area and dumped it into a drain on deck.

I'll see if I can find the link, I commented on it last night.

We have an ocean view room so we can't do the balcony. She is a water baby so it's really unfair to her that she can't swim in the water, but even though I feel bad I won put her in. That's why the blow up pool is a good compromise in my option. She's so close to being potty trained that I'm hoping well get the hang of it by 2/17. Fingers crosses

I can't imagine the hassle of packing and lugging around a blow up pool.

She's 2, she's not going to care or notice that she can't use the pool unless you point it out to her.

Seems so much easier to just find other things for her to do onboard, and let her explore the beach in ports.

I can't imagine the hassle of packing and lugging around a blow up pool.

She's 2, she's not going to care or notice that she can't use the pool unless you point it out to her.

Seems so much easier to just find other things for her to do onboard, and let her explore the beach in ports.

The lady who's review I linked also used it as a bathtub for her child. I would imagine it would be quite useful for that if you have children who are at an age where a shower would be difficult. I thought the bonus of allowing them to splash around on deck was just that, a bonus. It would be worth it to me.

Please don't take a blow up pool/tub to the pool area. There are too many people there and it poses a safety/tripping hazard. Get a balcony and let your toddler use it there.

So I'm support to pay an extra $400 extra dollars for a balcony just so I can have my daughter play in a pool? I don't think so lady. That's just a ridiculous suggestion. I would never put my kid in a spot where she would be in danger and if people are walking by and trip over a blow up pool then that would be because there not looking where their going.

The lady who's review I linked also used it as a bathtub for her child. I would imagine it would be quite useful for that if you have children who are at an age where a shower would be difficult. I thought the bonus of allowing them to splash around on deck was just that, a bonus. It would be worth it to me.

Thanks I agree with you it would be helpfull to use as stub and I know my baby would enjoy slashing in it even if she's two

So I'm support to pay an extra $400 extra dollars for a balcony just so I can have my daughter play in a pool? I don't think so lady. That's just a ridiculous suggestion. I would never put my kid in a spot where she would be in danger and if people are walking by and trip over a blow up pool then that would be because there not looking where their going.

Wow. You are the one that asked for suggestions.

Yes I did but there's no reason to post unhelpful and silly answers to my question. And saying that I need to spend a bunch more money in order to make my kid happy and only limit her to the balcony is not a helpful answer

I just bought a little blow up tub at a yard sale today just for this reason. I do not thinking it would be a tripping hazard, it's like 2 1/2ft by 2 ft it could easily fit in between you and someone elses lounge chair. We plan on using it on the ship and taking it when we go to the beach, it folds up to like the size of a woman's wallet just a little thicker.

The duck tub is perfect that's what we are taking. I know the heated debate and some people who do not have little ones do not understand it's everyone's vacation. Take the pool your child will love it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You are correct, I don't have little ones, my youngest is 15... Youngest of 7 and I have 3 granddaughters also. I don't agree with taking a blow up pool out on deck.

Yes. Why not pay the extra $$ to make your child happy? Why upset other pax by being selfish? You asked for suggestions. I gave you one, if you don't like what I had to say too bad. I don't agree with kiddie pools on deck.

You are correct, I don't have little ones, my youngest is 15... Youngest of 7 and I have 3 granddaughters also. I don't agree with taking a blow up pool out on deck.

I think people have the misconception of it being one of those round blow up kiddie pool's which it is not (at least in my case) is is about 1/4 the size of a lounge chair. I totally understand not bringing a pool but the lil tube no problem. JMHO:)

Since you don't want to spend extra on the balcony, I know my suggestion won't help, but we got a suite, that way we have a tub to bathe the kids, we have the balcony to hang out on at night and during naps, and we have a little extra space.

I haven't cruised since getting pregnant, almost 5 years ago, so I didn't pay attention to kid things at the time, other than wonder why people would cruise with their kids, now I understand wanting to do that. I don't remember ever seeing a blow up pool on deck, it seems ridiculous and something people would trip over, because who is looking for a blow up pool? However according to these boards people do it. I would think you may have some trouble with a 2 year old though. Under a year is easy and wouldn't know or care one way or another. By 2 they see a big pool, lots of people, lots of fun, and I don't see how you'd be able to distract her with a blow up.

When we do out 1st cruise with kids this April my daughter will be 4 and long out of diapers, my son will be just shy of 2. I have every intention of bringing him in the pool if thats what they want to do. It's a little easier with a boy because people won't notice the swim diaper, but i have never had an issue with poop getting out of his diaper so I don't understand why they need to be so strict about that rule. I believe the only want this happens is when a child is not wearing a swim diaper. If your daughter is that close to being potty trained, I'd give it a shot and take her in.

Hi my husband and I are taking our two year old daughter with us on the Victory next month and It's our first time cruising. My daughter is not yet potty trained so I know she is not aloud to swim with us in the big pool. Is there a certain place that toddlers who are not potty trained can play in water? I know some cruise lines have A splash zone, does carnival offer this? If not we were planning on taking a blow up bath tub so, 1 she can take a bath at night and to also use as a little pool. Can I set it up where the pool is? Also where do I get the water from to fill it up? Sorry for all the questions, I just like to be prepared. Thanks

Just off the Valor and there is a kiddie pool. I don't know about Victory but it should be easy to find out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

You can fill the tub with an ice bucket....empty into a shower or floor drain. (they have showers on the pool deck). A small blow up tub will fit nicely next to your lounge chair. Beware tho...the deck gets HOT...hot enough to burn your skin....so be careful!

Do NOT put your child in the pools...they are not filtered well enough or chemically treated for fecal material....that's what the worry is.....even "swimmies" let the pool water flow through poop....and it contaminates the water...and the swimmers!

When we do out 1st cruise with kids this April my daughter will be 4 and long out of diapers, my son will be just shy of 2. I have every intention of bringing him in the pool if thats what they want to do. It's a little easier with a boy because people won't notice the swim diaper, but i have never had an issue with poop getting out of his diaper so I don't understand why they need to be so strict about that rule. I believe the only want this happens is when a child is not wearing a swim diaper. If your daughter is that close to being potty trained, I'd give it a shot and take her in.

Please do not do that. The cruise lines do not make the rules about no swim diapers/no non-toilet-trained kids in the pools to be big old meanies and spoil children's fun. They do it because it is *extremely* unsanitary and a health hazard to take the risk of fecal matter getting into the pool water. You know all those headlines about norovirus on cruise ships? Well, it's not just from people sneezing on the buffet food. Norovirus also spreads in feces, and it's resistant to the levels of chlorination found in most cruise ship pools. Then there are other lovely bugs like E. coli that also can spread that way.

And yes, poop *can* get out of a swim diaper--just because it's never happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't ever happen. And as a previous poster pointed out, even when the poop doesn't actually appear to "leak out," the water that flows into and out of the diaper brings microscopic contamination with it.

I have three little kids, ages 7, 5, and 3.5. We spent a lot of money on a RCCL Freedom cruise when our youngest was not yet potty trained. She did not go into the pools. We did not sneak her in. She was able to go in the baby splash zone and that was it. She is also a "water baby" and loves the water--so much so that by the time she turned 3 this past summer, she was swimming independently, doing a very respectable crawl stroke back and forth across the pool. I'm sure she would have *loved* to go in the bigger pools on that trip. But we were not going to risk contaminating the pools and potentially making a lot of people sick.

If you cannot accept a cruise ship's rules about pool safety and hygiene, then do not sail on a cruise ship. Choose another vacation option where they offer pools for little ones.

Please do not do that. The cruise lines do not make the rules about no swim diapers/no non-toilet-trained kids in the pools to be big old meanies and spoil children's fun. They do it because it is *extremely* unsanitary and a health hazard to take the risk of fecal matter getting into the pool water. You know all those headlines about norovirus on cruise ships? Well, it's not just from people sneezing on the buffet food. Norovirus also spreads in feces, and it's resistant to the levels of chlorination found in most cruise ship pools. Then there are other lovely bugs like E. coli that also can spread that way.

And yes, poop *can* get out of a swim diaper--just because it's never happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't ever happen. And as a previous poster pointed out, even when the poop doesn't actually appear to "leak out," the water that flows into and out of the diaper brings microscopic contamination with it.

I have three little kids, ages 7, 5, and 3.5. We spent a lot of money on a RCCL Freedom cruise when our youngest was not yet potty trained. She did not go into the pools. We did not sneak her in. She was able to go in the baby splash zone and that was it. She is also a "water baby" and loves the water--so much so that by the time she turned 3 this past summer, she was swimming independently, doing a very respectable crawl stroke back and forth across the pool. I'm sure she would have *loved* to go in the bigger pools on that trip. But we were not going to risk contaminating the pools and potentially making a lot of people sick.

If you cannot accept a cruise ship's rules about pool safety and hygiene, then do not sail on a cruise ship. Choose another vacation option where they offer pools for little ones.

Thank you. Great post.

Can't agree more. Every single one of us with children has experienced restrictions for our diapered children. It's just not fair to compromise the health of others.

EmmasMomma, My children are now older, but as a Mom and fellow cruiser, I would have no problem with you setting up a small blow-up pool on deck. Some of the blow-ups are actually really tiny and they do not take up much space at all. I would just set it between your lounger and your DH's.

Most cruisers would be happy to see your child splashing and having a good time; Myself included. There will always be those that need any excuse to complain, so just ignore it, smile and enjoy your vacation.

Wishing you and your family a great time.

Since you don't want to spend extra on the balcony, I know my suggestion won't help, but we got a suite, that way we have a tub to bathe the kids, we have the balcony to hang out on at night and during naps, and we have a little extra space.

I haven't cruised since getting pregnant, almost 5 years ago, so I didn't pay attention to kid things at the time, other than wonder why people would cruise with their kids, now I understand wanting to do that. I don't remember ever seeing a blow up pool on deck, it seems ridiculous and something people would trip over, because who is looking for a blow up pool? However according to these boards people do it. I would think you may have some trouble with a 2 year old though. Under a year is easy and wouldn't know or care one way or another. By 2 they see a big pool, lots of people, lots of fun, and I don't see how you'd be able to distract her with a blow up.

I just wanted to share with you a really quick and fun way to potty train little boys. I used to let my son drop a few Cheerios into the water in the potty chair and then try to "aim" at them. He loved this potty-ritual and was trained in no time flat.

BTW: Apple Jacks and Fruit Loops work just as well.

Good luck to you.

I usually do not get too excited on these boards, but I gotta say that people that say and do bring a small something to sit in as a pool(?)for a child that is not potty trained, you are bloody crazy!! It's unsanitary as all get out. Don't you have any common sense?? Fecal matter in diapers gets broken down and leaks out! Young ones get the runs and that just "runs" out of the diapers. Urine is a liquid that blends in the water. Kids will splash the water, spilling it on the deck. Where do you plan on dumping the liquid from the pool(?) when it's time to go back to your room? It sure sounds like you are expecting to dump it somewhere, I am sure you do not plan on carrying it back to your room. Yes it's your cruise, but it's mine also. I can't believe that adults would post something like this and wonder why it's not allowed. Really a dumba$$ question and replies.