Automatic Discounts??

Virtopia

I'm doing a search for a Caribbean cruise in Jan/Feb 2015 and every cruise, I've searched so far as an automatic discount. Here's an example for a 6 night Independence cruise:

Cruise Fare: $1,518.00

Taxes/Fees: $111.00

Discount: ($131.00)

Per Person Total: $1,498.00

The amount changes based on the sailing I select. I'm not logged into my RCCL account and I'm not sure what the discount is for, but it shows it as an exclusive rate. I guess I'm wondering if I called to book this with a NCC, would they honor this pricing and can I use it with a Emerald balcony discount?

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I'm doing a search for a Caribbean cruise in Jan/Feb 2015 and every cruise, I've searched so far as an automatic discount. Here's an example for a 6 night Independence cruise:

Cruise Fare: $1,518.00

Taxes/Fees: $111.00

Discount: ($131.00)

Per Person Total: $1,498.00

The amount changes based on the sailing I select. I'm not logged into my RCCL account and I'm not sure what the discount is for, but it shows it as an exclusive rate. I guess I'm wondering if I called to book this with a NCC, would they honor this pricing and can I use it with a Emerald balcony discount?

Did you put in your State, Military or Over 55? You probably were given the price with one of those discounts.

And yes, you can combine with a NCC and your Emerald balcony discount.

Edited by travelbug11

If you log in to your C&A account before pricing a cruise it will automatically include the appropriate balcony discount.

For some reason the website doesn't pick up the over 55 discount or resident discount unless you enter it during the booking.

If you log in to your C&A account before pricing a cruise it will automatically include the appropriate balcony discount.

For some reason the website doesn't pick up the over 55 discount or resident discount unless you enter it during the booking.

I wasn't logged into my account, I didn't have any State, Military or over 55 options selected as I qualify for none and I was checking inside cabins as well and it was giving me a discount.

I'm tempted to call and find out but I don't want to lose it.

I wasn't logged into my account, I didn't have any State, Military or over 55 options selected as I qualify for none and I was checking inside cabins as well and it was giving me a discount.

I'm tempted to call and find out but I don't want to lose it.

I just pulled up the Independence 6 night for Feb 22, 2015 and I don't show a discount not logging in and no boxes checked. Is it showing under "Summary of charges" ? Weird.

If I had a surprise discount...I would probably be really tempted to book it. :D

Ah Ha! I tried selecting Ontario (because I didn't see Toronto..and I don't know what province you are in) and it does show exclusive rates and discounts then. Maybe without even selecting anything....it knows where you live?:D;)

and please forgive my poor geography skills.:o

Edited by Coralc

I cleared my history and tried it again. I tried a different cruise and when I select an inside room, it doesn't give me a discount but it does on a balcony room. However, my Emerald balcony discount should only be $125. It's showing a discount of $238.

ImageUploadedByForums1390691286.848331.jpg.f93b005558f32635b808343a2cca0f13.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1390691304.665539.jpg.b443b26427619f62964e8ddca24a29ab.jpg

I just pulled up the Independence 6 night for Feb 22, 2015 and I don't show a discount not logging in and no boxes checked. Is it showing under "Summary of charges" ? Weird.

If I had a surprise discount...I would probably be really tempted to book it. :D

Ah Ha! I tried selecting Ontario (because I didn't see Toronto..and I don't know what province you are in) and it does show exclusive rates and discounts then. Maybe without even selecting anything....it knows where you live?:D;)

and please forgive my poor geography skills.:o

I am in Ontario! Hmm I guess a residence rate? Does that mean I can use my balcony discount with it???

I am in Ontario! Hmm I guess a residence rate? Does that mean I can use my balcony discount with it???

Yes, you certainly can. The residency price deal is a rate, and the balcony discount is a discount. Go for it! :D:):D

Thanks!!! Will be booking tomorrow :D

You might wish to put a cabin on 24 hour hold, V. These exclusive rates can disappear as quickly as they appear. And there is no way to know how long it was available before we started looking. :)

You might wish to put a cabin on 24 hour hold, V. These exclusive rates can disappear as quickly as they appear. And there is no way to know how long it was available before we started looking. :)

Thanks! Will do so tonight :)