"LIVE" from Carnival Pride - January 26, 2014

Radio

Hello everyone. . . We are back. . . I arrived at the Pier by about 9:45 this morning. The weather is sunny, and cold (34F), but it will warm up to about 51F by sail away. My brother and his wife are sailing today, and have been following my post this week.

I guess it will be time to pack for me as I will have to be off of the ship by noon(ish). I have many more pics to post, and many documents to scan and post. I will probably watch a little news, but should have many more pics and scans done tomorrow.

As Carnival Pride came up the Chesapeake Bay, it was unusual to see so much ice on the surface. The closer we got to Cruise Maryland, the more ice was noticed. . . I felt like I was on a cruise in Alaska. . .

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. . . .I will re read the whole thread when I get home, and try to answer any questions that I may have missed.

Thanks again to everyone, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

There is a lot of ice in the Bay on this sunny day.

H1.JPG

Is this Alaska? I thought it was the Chesapeake Bay

H2.JPG

Carnival Pride passes under the twin spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge(s)

H6.jpg

We make it under the Key Bridge

H7.jpg

Carnival Pride approaches the pier slowly

H5.JPG

We have arrived. . .Welcome to Cruise Maryland

H8.jpg

Edited by Radio

Thanks for a great review! I was kind of bummed that we would be going under the bridges in the dark next Sunday night. Duh! I forgot that we would be returning in daylight!

I would dearly love to see Fun Times if you get the chance to post them. We would like to spend one of our port days on the ship and we haven't decided between Nassau and Freeport. Having an idea what goes on onboard those days would help make the decision!

Thank you for sharing! Question from a Pride newbie... does the Serenity deck encompass all of the Lido Aft area where the Poseidon Aft Pool is? Trying to get a picture in my head...
Hey, Carolyn - I can answer that one. Serenity is the full aft Lido deck. The doors from the buffet area will say "Serenity - 21 and older" or something to that effect. There's also a bar area and some dining tables.

Thanks again to everyone, and thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

There is a lot of ice in the Bay on this sunny day.

Carnival Pride passes under the twin spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge(s)

H6.jpg

Welcome back and what a beautiful picture.

You got back just in time. More snow tonight and tomorrow.

Great review, as usual. Thanks for doing this. Enjoyed it very much.

Gwen :)

Welcome back and what a beautiful picture.

You got back just in time. More snow tonight and tomorrow.

Great review, as usual. Thanks for doing this. Enjoyed it very much.

Gwen :)

I second the pic between the two spans of the bridge. AMAZING!! I could see that blown up and hanging on a wall... :D

We are looking forward to reading your review, as we also just returned home too. I see you caught us in one of your pix, the one in Starry Nights, my DH is the one in the yellow shirt on the far right, and I'm the one walking around in bedroom slippers the whole cruise due to a crushed foot, but improving:). We had a nice time!!:D

Thanks for the heads up! I was contemplating the dolphin encounter next week, but we will be one of 5 ships in port. I think I'll pass!

The Dolphin Encounter area wasn't nearly as packed as the "regular" beach ;). When the excursion boat docks at Balmoral, the dolphins are to the left & the regular beach is to the right. It might workout for you!

Thank you for the time you spent on your live report, it was fantastic!

I will be on the Pride in April; only my second cruise (first one left from Pt. Canaveral). I have to admit, I am a little weary about the rough seas now. Hopefully it won't be so bad come April *fingers crossed*