2 uppers or 1 upper and trundle ?

gmakarenjo

Best configuration I have found is one upper and one couch bed. Next I would prefer one upper and one trundle. If you have two uppers and no couch there is NOWHERE to sit in the room other than the stool. We are doing five in an oceanview with one upper, one couch, one trundle. we will store the trundle in the daytime. the upper is set up over the couch, so it looks like one bunkbed, one trundle, and one king in the daytime. cramped but workable.

Best configuration I have found is one upper and one couch bed. Next I would prefer one upper and one trundle. If you have two uppers and no couch there is NOWHERE to sit in the room other than the stool. We are doing five in an oceanview with one upper, one couch, one trundle. we will store the trundle in the daytime. the upper is set up over the couch, so it looks like one bunkbed, one trundle, and one king in the daytime. cramped but workable.

No sofas in the OV on the Inspiration.

Best is a matter of choice. The trundles we've had on the other Fantasy class ships were small pallets that were good for those under 4.5 ft tall. They stored under the bed during the day

For more room try moving the lowers. One under the bed, the other under the bunk or opposite wall.

If you get a rollaway the room steward should fold it up during the day.

Personally we'd do two uppers.

Fantasy-class has very limited options. As noted, no sofas in IS or OV cabins.

I had a nice little 1A booked for my upcoming Fantasy cruise. Love the cabin and location for a solo.

On Friday, two friends decided they want to join me. When we sailed in September, we had a cabin with 2 uppers. The youngster of us (she's *only* 50) took the upper bunk.

Well, in talking to my PVP to change my booking, I was told that we could not have one of those cabins with 2 lowers/2 uppers because the sailing is selling well and for capacity issues.

There was ONE inside cabin left that had two beds and a bunk. Don't want to be in the bow, but we decided that was definitely better than having a trundle. When you're our ages, most women find it necessary to get up at least once a night. I could just see one (or all) of us tripping over a trundle bed and breaking a hip! :o

I'm told the bunk beds are comfortable. Seems lots of younger people actually enjoy sleeping in them. I'd definitely go for the two bunks.

I would check the price of another inside cabin and compare it to the price you are paying as the 3rd and 4th in your room. Sometimes it isn't much more and you gain another bathroom as well. If it isn't in your budget then I would go with the 2 uppers. My teenaged daughter didn't mind sleeping in them at all and it does leave you more floor space. When we had a rollaway, it was still in the room even if they folded it up and it took up floor space.