Dawn beach?

SASSYMI2

We visited dawn beach several years ago. Rented beach chairs and enjoyed a little beach bar set back on the left side of the beach (looking at the water). I think beers were $1.

I just saw a video of the (new?) westin hotel at dawn beach and it looks like it takes up the entire dawn beach including lounge chairs on the beach in front of the hotel grounds.

Is that little beach bar still there. Can you still rent chairs on the beach?

We visited dawn beach several years ago. Rented beach chairs and enjoyed a little beach bar set back on the left side of the beach (looking at the water). I think beers were $1.

I just saw a video of the (new?) westin hotel at dawn beach and it looks like it takes up the entire dawn beach including lounge chairs on the beach in front of the hotel grounds.

Is that little beach bar still there. Can you still rent chairs on the beach?

Seeing the way Dawn beach was built up after being there when you had to park on the road and walk over a hill to get to the beach actually made me very sad. Same beach just a different feel from the rugged beauty of a beach that Dawn was back in the early 90's.

Busby's is there still. Is that the beach bar that you are thinking of? What year did you visit in. Must be befor the mid- 2000's I am guessing. I think that there was a place called Mrs. B's there as well at one time if I am remembering correctly.

We are just back from two weeks at OBBR, at the north end of Dawn Beach. The hideous Westin complex dominates the south end of the beach (it looks more like a penitentiary than a tropical beach resort), but Mr. Busby's is still there, still rents chairs and umbrellas and sells drinks and decent food at reasonable prices.

There is also a restaurant on the OBBR end (north) of the beach - called Beau Beau's - open to the public, serving good food -- and making available their clean rest rooms to customers --- those likely to get grossed-out by the "facilities" at Busby's.

I was using the chairs provided by OBBR, but I think Busby's charged $10 for two chairs and an umbrella. Their hamburgers are pretty good, they also sell good pizza (not really beach food, but OK). Beau Beau's on the OBBR property has very good ribs, good club sandwiches with fries, and usually some fish special - all quite good.

There was fair surf - certainly not "huge crashing waves" - easy enough to wade through if you time yourself to avoid the larger one (possibly two feet). The great thing about Dawn Beach is the constant breeze making it always comfortable.

Hello!

Could you tell me if any of these places on Dawn Beach rent boogie boards? We will be there in March and I know my 8 and 10 year old would love this. I have read that Ms. B's did but wanted more current info since it sounds like things have changed quite a bit.

Thanks so much :)

We liked Dawn and I always travel with an old sheet instead of renting chairs to spread out so we can play in the water. It is however not the greatest views but the water is lovely and we did a bit of snorkeling. The beach bar food was good and they kindly called a cab for us, nice day and I would go back but some of the beach is very small due to the buildings.

We were thinking of doing a day pass to the Westin. Why such a dislike from you navybankerteacher?

A day pass at Westin might be a good idea if reasonably priced - particularly if you want to shower after swimming. For much less, you could eat at Mr. Busby's and rent chairs and umbrella from them. Or have a really good lunch (and use the clean restrooms) at Beau Beau's at the north end.

I have nothing against the Westin other than esthetics - it is an ugly block of a building.