Pricing

torbs

Is it me or, is the pricing for the Divina super competitive? Passengers don't have row the boat do they? Is this MSC's strategy for a new market? How does this line compare to royal or princess?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it me or, is the pricing for the Divina super competitive? Passengers don't have row the boat do they? Is this MSC's strategy for a new market? How does this line compare to royal or princess?

Thanks!

Hi torbs.

MSC pricing is competitive in most markets, and as a result their passenger numbers are increasing all the time.

The decision to sail the Divina from the USA all year has opened up a new market for them and many people have commented on their pricing, especially the yacht club pricing.

I can't comment on how they compare to royal or Princess but most people say the experience is different. Some in a bad way, most just different.

The service is different, more European (they are an Italian line after all) and the atmosphere on board is different.

Most Americans are reporting their MSC experience is a positive one.

When we compared the ncl haven vs msc yacht club, comparable products for 7 day cruises over christmas, the haven was double on Getaway . Add in free booze and soda and 4 pm tea the cost would be even more on ncl. A non changing dinner menu would get old after a while.

A non haven ncl ship, so just a suite with no private dining for the same period on dawn or sun were $3000 to 4000 more depending on suite.

I did some regular cabin comparissons and a grand difference was common with msc being the lower rate.

Is it me or, is the pricing for the Divina super competitive? Passengers don't have row the boat do they? Is this MSC's strategy for a new market? How does this line compare to royal or princess?Thanks

MSC USA is still a super bargain, although we have found the pricing on Divina to be creeping up compared to past sailings on Poesia. The value is even better for families with kids under 18. I can't comment on RCI or Princess, but I will say Divina is fantastically elegant, and we have booked a second cruise in April. B2 balcony for four less than $2000 12Apr14 with MSC club silver (8%) discount. Too good to pass up!

I prefer MSC over Princess anyday. Princess seems to be going downhill in their service and entertainment.

The over all feel on MSC is relaxed, classy elegant and refined. There is no hard sells for drinks, or on board packages.

The shows on MSC are phenomenal, high energy, not to be missed. Though I have read that it is not everyones type of show.

I had no problems with the food or service while on board.

I personally think they will give Celebrity and Princess a run for their money. They are trying to break into the North American market share, by being competitive with the big N.A brands.

Thanks to all for your feedback! I did a double take when I priced it out. We are booked on the liberty of the seas for a 5 night trip that is about 1000 more than MSC @ 7 nights

Something to consider next time for sure!

I just booked today for April 12. Two B3 balcony cabins, side by side, 4 people total for $2900.00. Spring break week no less. Just too good to pass up.

Welcome aboard. Let's hope the ship doesn't get too full like over Christmas, when the MDRs were so crowded we were rubbing chairs with the guests at two tables next to ours. But, we are going back anyway. Divina is a destination in itself, very upscale in design, and for our money it's the best value out there. The western Carib itinerary is a bit weak though, but I see they have added Costa Maya in the fall. Thanksgiving anyone?

I'm also unfamiliar with MSC, but have to admit, quite intrigued. For the regular balcony (nonsuite) cabins, which have bigger (relative term I know) balconies? I'm most familiar with NCL and Some of the B1 'aft' balconies are enormous. (btw-we're also looking at the Yacht Club, as we're familiar w/Haven on NCL, but that's a totally different discussion) :)

Just booked March 2015 Y3 Royal Suite on Divina for $5000 LESS than The Haven Owner's Suite on NCL...which we all know doesn't have near the amenities that Divina Yacht Club has. (Free alcohol and all other drinks, dedicated butler, restaurant, etc). Can not get over what I paid for the owner's suite as compared to every other owner's suite out there...and trust me when I say I priced them ALL, not just NCL. Very happy!

Just booked March 2015 Y3 Royal Suite on Divina for $5000 LESS than The Haven Owner's Suite on NCL...which we all know doesn't have near the amenities that Divina Yacht Club has. (Free alcohol and all other drinks, dedicated butler, restaurant, etc). Can not get over what I paid for the owner's suite as compared to every other owner's suite out there...and trust me when I say I priced them ALL, not just NCL. Very happy!

Yep, the haven on epic was $6000 more than yc1 or yc2 on msc, on getaway it was almost $8000 more. And these were only 2 bedroom penthouses not the owners suite. That price difference was over $10,000 difference.

All 7 day christmas cruise out of miami. Made msc the only real choice.

I'm also unfamiliar with MSC, but have to admit, quite intrigued. For the regular balcony (nonsuite) cabins, which have bigger (relative term I know) balconies? I'm most familiar with NCL and Some of the B1 'aft' balconies are enormous. (btw-we're also looking at the Yacht Club, as we're familiar w/Haven on NCL, but that's a totally different discussion) :)

The few people who have done both and offered their opinion, the haven and yc, all pretty much say the same, ncl rooms are generally bigger compared to yc1 cabins but the service and perks on msc blow the haven away. With a yc2 or yc3 cabin the difference might be a closer wash.

I know our family suite on the dawn was a heck of a room. But no haven :(

The few people who have done both and offered their opinion, the haven and yc, all pretty much say the same, ncl rooms are generally bigger compared to yc1 cabins but the service and perks on msc blow the haven away. With a yc2 or yc3 cabin the difference might be a closer wash.

I know our family suite on the dawn was a heck of a room. But no haven :(

Thank you! I've written to my TA for quotes. Really hope to give MSC a try. (probably April or May)

Thanks!

The Divina July 14 for 19 days from Rio to Miami for about $1000 is amazing, and we can't find any other ship that combines So. America and the Caribb in that short of a time frame. With MSC cancelling cruises and changing departure dates close to sailing ya wonder if you can count on them after you've locked in your air.

-Bob

Just got back from a YC2 room on Divina......unbelievable....tying to get again for next spring but it looks like it will cost us a thousand dollars more than we paid for this trip.

Do not know if I can go that high but have to admit it would still be a fair price.

It is impossible to list all the amenities . It must be experienced.

Thanks!

Its much cheaper than other lines, take a look at April/May they are unbelieveably low.