Flying into New Orleans

mon1jan1

The airport is in a suburb just west of New Orleans called Kenner. It is about 17 mi. to the cruise terminal in downtown on the river.

Departing is different than other ports, you will ride down 80 miles or so of Mississippi river before getting into the gulf.

If you are referring to departing the airport when you leave, it's a breeze. We are not talking LAX here.

The airport is in a suburb just west of New Orleans called Kenner. It is about 17 mi. to the cruise terminal in downtown on the river.

Departing is different than other ports, you will ride down 80 miles or so of Mississippi river before getting into the gulf.

If you are referring to departing the airport when you leave, it's a breeze. We are not talking LAX here.

Thanks and Great, that is exactly what I wanted to know. It's so easy and cheap to fly from Kansas City to New Orleans that it makes it really convenient. Is it easy catching a cab from the airport to the cruise ports? And do you know if the cruise lines have reps so you can pay for a transfer from the airport to the cruise port? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks and Great, that is exactly what I wanted to know. It's so easy and cheap to fly from Kansas City to New Orleans that it makes it really convenient. Is it easy catching a cab from the airport to the cruise ports? And do you know if the cruise lines have reps so you can pay for a transfer from the airport to the cruise port? Thanks again!

The cruise port is quite close to the French Quarter. Cabs from the airport to the FQ are $33 for up to two people and $14 per person when 3 or more share a cab. I suspect the airport to cruise terminal price is the same. Probably cheaper than a shuttle. Cabs are easy to catch at the airport.

We cruised out of New Orleans in 2012 on Voyager of the Seas. The whole thing was easy. Once we picked up our luggage, we walked to a taxi stand and a taxi was hailed. When we were there, it was a set price from the airport to New Orleans, so we knew exactly what we were going to pay. On the way back, we took the ship's bus, because it was definitely faster for us than a taxi (but we are a party of two; a taxi would likely be cheaper for a family!).

Depending on the time of year I would definitely try to come in at least one day before. In NO now for a convention and have folks that didn't make it in due to weather. Planes from 2 different cities were about to land here and were diverted due to ice on the runway. One made it the next day and the other isn't going to make it as all flights coming in for next 3 days are full.

We stayed two nights near the FQ prior to our 1/11/14 cruise. The cab from airport was about $35 and taxi stand was conveniently located right outside baggage. The cab had a credit card machine but it was "broken" so have cash handy.;) Had a great time being a tourist in N.O. and cruise day drop off at the terminal was easy. We did the New Orleans tour with airport drop-off post cruise since our flight didn't leave until 2:30 pm. I enjoyed that MUCH more than I thought I would as I generally don't like big bus and cruise pax extravaganzas much. New Orleans was a great cruise port.

Edited by coolcat12