Book Air Through NCL

jackjia199637

Hi, Guys

I booked my AIR through NCL for Getaway and they told me that I do not have a choice in choosing my flight, fair enough since its cheaper.

However, when I receive the email today.

The time of my flight was

7:30 AM Departure and 11:50am Arrival at Miami on the very day of departure

Is that too close...I mean I am really kind of concerned by the short period amount of time, the ship departs at 4:00 PM and if the flight is delayed that means we are toasted right?

Edited by jackjia199637

Though I normally fly in the day before the cruise, there are many that always fly the same day. It does work. You will shortly get replies saying some folks would never ever fly in from Toronto the same day as the cruise. You will get others that are just fine with it.

Arriving just before noon means you will be at the port by 1pm.

By having your flight via NCL, they will be working hard to make sure you are onboard. I would say you will be fine. You are okay.

Though I normally fly in the day before the cruise, there are many that always fly the same day. It does work. You will shortly get replies saying some folks would never ever fly in from Toronto the same day as the cruise. You will get others that are just fine with it.

Arriving just before noon means you will be at the port by 1pm.

By having your flight via NCL, they will be working hard to make sure you are onboard. I would say you will be fine. You are okay.

Well, our flight was actually from chicago thanks to the NCL air promo of $99 round trip.

However, on their site, it says that NCL is not responsible for air delays, does that mean if a delay were to occur..our vacation would be toasted?

When I booked my air through NCL, they included a transfer to the ship.

Once, I booked their premium air service, and was able to be placed on a nonstop between Boston and L.A. Thank goodness, this flight arrived on time, and also included a transfer to the ship.

When I have inquired about air thru NCL, I've been told as long as you book thru NCL they will get you on ship no matter what it takes. In other words, they will fly you to the next port if there are delays. That would stink for the fact you would lose out on a day or 2 of your trip, but better that then to lose out on the whole trip.

Its similar to the decision to book excursions on your own or thru NCL. I've always booked my own but have been told NCL will not "wait a ship" for people on an excursion that is not booked thru the ship directly.

Well, our flight was actually from chicago thanks to the NCL air promo of $99 round trip.

However, on their site, it says that NCL is not responsible for air delays, does that mean if a delay were to occur..our vacation would be toasted?

I would think if NCL booked the flight they are obligated at the very least to get you to the next port of call if the flight was delayed.

But I might call them to see what air delays they are talking about.

Are you going soon??

As you are well aware this winter is a killer. Flying across the street could be an adventure on any given day.

If your going in better or more stable flying weather you should be fine.

My .02

Hi, Guys

I booked my AIR through NCL for Getaway and they told me that I do not have a choice in choosing my flight, fair enough since its cheaper.

However, when I receive the email today.

The time of my flight was

7:30 AM Departure and 11:50am Arrival at Miami on the very day of departure

Is that too close...I mean I am really kind of concerned by the short period amount of time, the ship departs at 4:00 PM and if the flight is delayed that means we are toasted right?

I believe I pay an extra $50 per person & for this I get to choose what flights I want.

Edited by dlynn0366

Don't know all of your circumstances ( like when you cruise) however, your location appears to be Toronto. NCL will get you there as soon as they can since the flight is through them. I recommend you take a carry on with a few summer clothes, bathing suits, etc. in case your luggage has to catchup with you from cold weather climates.

I've witnessed cruisers on the ship awaiting their luggage during bad weather. Arriving early is always a good idea but not always possible. Good luck and have a great cruise!