Could use some flight help...

helicopter

We can fly a lot cheaper from Dallas to FLL than Mia (5/p). Flying into FLL is not a problem on 6/5, but the best I can do flying home (6/15) is 6:25pm. Have never taken shuttle from port to FLL airport (not sure who to use) and don't know what to do for all that time. Also, not sure what time to have shuttle pick us up at terminal. Little scare of 11am in case something happens getting off, but don't really want to sit around port for what could be hours if I book 12pm. Help:eek:

We've used SAS transportation several times. They are reasonable and reliable - we've never had an issue.

http://www.ridesas.com/

I'd book the 11 am flight and plan of self debarkation or go to Guest Service and request and early debarkation number. FLL is not that far away from MIA - maybe 30 minutes. especially that time of the morning.

Of course something can always go wrong - but you could say that about a 2:00 flight too! ;)

11am was shuttle time

Do Self debarkation and take a cab so you don't have to wait on the shuttles. You should make it in plenty of time. We have done it before multiple times. There is no way in the world I would want to wait that long in the evening to take a flight. That plane could be delayed, etc. then who knows when you will end up getting home.

Could you either fly home from MIA or stay overnight and leave early the next morning?

11am was shuttle time

Oh...!

Even a 10 or 10:30 pick up would be good - if you want to do a shuttle. We have never had any luck staying on any ship past about 9 - even when we didn't have a flight to catch. They are going to shoo you out so that they can turn it over and reboard.

I would stay on board until "last call" then go out and catch a cab to FLL. Easy peasy....and you will miss some of the hustle and bustle as people are rushing to get out of there and to their flights.

Edited by happy cruzin

We can fly a lot cheaper from Dallas to FLL than Mia (5/p). Flying into FLL is not a problem on 6/5, but the best I can do flying home (6/15) is 6:25pm. Have never taken shuttle from port to FLL airport (not sure who to use) and don't know what to do for all that time. Also, not sure what time to have shuttle pick us up at terminal. Little scare of 11am in case something happens getting off, but don't really want to sit around port for what could be hours if I book 12pm. Help:eek:

Just off Victory yesterday, we used MJS Transportation from port of Miami to Fll for $13pp...we had scheduled pick-up at 9:30am but we were off the ship early (we had Zone 2 tags). We called them right away at 7:50am and they said no problem, a driver would be there in a matter of minutes, and he was, and while we did need to wait for another scheduled pick-up, they were coutious, engaging, and the wait was not long. The ride to FLL was smooth, the van was big, new, comfortable and spacious. The driver unloaded our luggage right in front of the airline we were flying out on. I highly recommend them.

We flew on Southwest and you can't check your bags until 4 hours prior to flight departure, we had 6pm flights and so we waited until 2pm, i had my laptop and i uploaded my cruise pics to it, checked the news, we entertained ourselves. Carnival does offer some excursions in the Miami and Everglades areas with transfers to FLL included. We thought about that but decided against it.

PS...smoothest debarkation ever, we were planning to stay on until late and avoid crowds, but there were no crowds.

Edited by Danacat222

We have flown into/out of FLL and sailed out of Miami many times. We have always used SAS. It cost $15 per person. They have always been very reliable and professional. We usually chose flights before noon, disembarked around 9:00 a.m. using self assist, and always made it to FLL with plenty of time.

An option for a late flight is booking a Carnival excursion that goes to the Everglades. Passengers and their luggage board a bus which takes them to the Everglades for a few hours. They are then taken to the airport.

As for FLL, we learned the one time that we booked a flight after noon that we could not check in/hand over our luggage more than three hours before our flight. So we sat around with our bags and people watched. Got really old after a while.

Hope some of this info is helpful.

We can fly a lot cheaper from Dallas to FLL than Mia (5/p). Flying into FLL is not a problem on 6/5, but the best I can do flying home (6/15) is 6:25pm. Have never taken shuttle from port to FLL airport (not sure who to use) and don't know what to do for all that time.

Have you looked at a multi-city ticketing option? That's when you fly into FLL but leave out of MIA.

Alternatively, consider renting a car for the day so that you aren't sitting at the airport for 8 hours.

As for FLL, we learned the one time that we booked a flight after noon that we could not check in/hand over our luggage more than three hours before our flight. So we sat around with our bags and people watched. Got really old after a while.

Yes, FLL is pretty strict on that because of the many, many cruise pax. And if you can't check your bags, you can't go through security to the gate area. Depending on which terminal you're going out of, you may find yourself with literally nothing to do at the FLL airport. i.e. bars and restaurants, airline lounges, etc. may all be airside.

• 2 weeks later...