Final payment?

smile44

In this case, is final payment the date you make your final payment or the deadline the cruise line has set up for the final payment? I paid in full to take advantage of a cashback offer, but can still get a 100% refund up til mid may. So is mid may the date I need to purchase my insurance by? Also, traveling with someone who already has travel insurance, so do I only put my costs in for the full trip cost?

The final payment date is the date the cruiseline gives you not the date you opt to make the payment....if I'm understanding your basic question.:confused::)

As far as the insurers are concerned, the "final payment date" is established by what can be proven. If a claim is made and there is some question about the final payment date, the insured will be asked for proof of payment. This will be either a copy of the credit card statement showing the date the card was charged, or a copy of the cancelled check (using the date the check was written).

They really don't care about what date the cruise line considers to be the "final payment date".

In this case, is final payment the date you make your final payment or the deadline the cruise line has set up for the final payment? I paid in full to take advantage of a cashback offer, but can still get a 100% refund up til mid may. So is mid may the date I need to purchase my insurance by? Also, traveling with someone who already has travel insurance, so do I only put my costs in for the full trip cost?

my understanding is the cruise lines final payment date is the last day you can get a refund without penalty. I always buy my trip insurance on that date since before that date I am eligible for 100% refund if I cancel for any reason.

Yes you only put the cost of your trip.