Liberty or Breeze on budget

PDsandman01

My DW and I are looking to cruise for our 3rd anniversary in September and want to take advantage of the $50 deposit w/upgrades before Jan 31st but we can't decide. Our last 3 cruises have been basically the same Bahamas itinerary and we usually stay aboard in Nassau. DW loves Cozumel and I've dreamt of the Breeze but we're on a budget and looking to find the best value. Would you...

Option A) Drive 7 hours...spend $850 and get interior Lido deck room steps from the forward observation deck or $950 OV on Main on the Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral for 5 days (Bahamas).

Or

Option B) Drive 11 hours...spend $1050 and get interior Empress deck room steps from the forward observation deck on the Carnival Breeze from Miami for 6 days (KW, COZ, GC).

Driving is the only option and these are the only to doable trips on the particular week. The Liberty would save us $$ but the Breeze is so inviting.

Every opinion will be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by PDsandman01
left out month

My DW and I are looking to cruise for our 3rd anniversary in September and want to take advantage of the $50 deposit w/upgrades before Jan 31st but we can't decide. Our last 3 cruises have been basically the same Bahamas itinerary and we usually stay aboard in Nassau. DW loves Cozumel and I've dreamt of the Breeze but we're on a budget and looking to find the best value. Would you...

Option A) Drive 7 hours...spend $850 and get interior Lido deck room steps from the forward observation deck or $950 OV on Main on the Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral for 5 days (Bahamas).

Or

Option B) Drive 11 hours...spend $1050 and get interior Empress deck room steps from the forward observation deck on the Carnival Breeze from Miami for 6 days (KW, COZ, GC).

Driving is the only option and these are the only to doable trips on the particular week. The Liberty would save us $$ but the Breeze is so inviting.

If you have to drive have you considered closer ports? You could save money by leaving from Charleston or Jacksonville, and maybe even Norfolk. If you want to go to Cozumel Tampa is also an option. I just thought you could use a few more choices LOL

Thank you for your suggestions lucigo!

We have considered closer ports...but, since we've done the Fantasy class ships so much we wanted to try a different style of cruise...mainly for the 2.0 upgrades.

Basically, if we do Bahamas we're on Liberty and if we do Western Caribbean we'll do Breeze. Just not sure which would be the better value. I love to drive also:cool:. LOL

We usually spend about 12 hours driving to Miami. I prefer going out of Port Canaveral because it is closer but we look at the ship and itinerary. We really liked the Liberty but I would choose the Breeze because of going to Western Caribbean. You will be paying more but you will have an extra night on the Breeze. Book early saver if they have it for your week and hopefully, the rates will go down and you can get some onboard credit or you could upgrade if the rates go down. You may be able to book with free upgrade. I read yesterday that people were upgraded from an interior room to a balcony room. That would be nice!!!

I commend you on being on a budget as we always are.

I assume you are young and like excitement. (I'm 70) so I say go for the 11 hr drive. Go the day before if you can but you can easily manage that.

Also consider: Liberty interior = $65 per person for 5 nights

Liberty OV = $95 per person for 5 nights

Breeze interior = $87.50 per person 6 nights

My choice would be the Breeze for the extra night plus newer and better ports.But you are also paying and extra $20 per person per night for the Breeze. Have a wonderful cruise. They are BOTH on my bucket list.

We have never been on the Breeze, but are booked on the Dream for the third time in April. We've sailed on the Liberty 3 times and love her. That said, I would choose the Caribbean over the Bahamas. Especially since you could do the Bahamas on a fantasy class ship for less $$. I understand you want a different class, I completely understand that logic, but for me, western Caribbean is with extra $$ on any class over the Bahamas.

We have never been on the Breeze, but are booked on the Dream for the third time in April. We've sailed on the Liberty 3 times and love her. That said, I would choose the Caribbean over the Bahamas. Especially since you could do the Bahamas on a fantasy class ship for less $$. I understand you want a different class, I completely understand that logic, but for me, western Caribbean is with extra $$ on any class over the Bahamas.

I agree. As much as I love the Liberty, I like the Breeze itinerary more.

Please let us know what you decide :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

I can't tell you with option. We've been on Liberty and love her. We are going back in a few weeks. We wanted to try a different ship but the options worked out for the LIberty again and the price. We saw the breeze and it looked awesome BUT it looked awesome for things that we'd never do like the ropes course and the slide. So I guess the main thing I am saying is if you will enjoy those experiences it should definitely be a contender (Breeze) but if you won't actually use them this might give you something else to think about.

Or

Either or a cruise is a cruise.

It depends on your stamina and how much time you have. You might feel rushed and worn out trying to drive 11 hours and going on the cruise for an extra day. The Breeze would be the preferred cruise in my opinion, but not worth it if you are worn out and trying to recover from such a long drive. The Liberty is also a great ship, and may be more relaxing in this situation.

I say drive the extra hours and spend the $200 more on the breeze since you seem to want to do that one anyway because of the ports. Me and my husband will be traveling on the breeze this February and like you we are on a budget but decided to go with the more costly option as we really wanted to try a newer ship and probably won't be able to vacation again till next year so we decided to choose the ship we really wanted which was the breeze. Have a great vacation!

Or

We'll be flying in, but we had the same decision to make. We chose the Breeze. I really really wanted to go on that ship. I don't care so much for going to the Bahamas either. So we took the splurge. Work a few extra hours of OT or cut back on something else and get what you really want. You'll be thankful you did once you are on the ship.

My opinion anyways. Don't wanna live with should-of or could-of. :D

We have done both those ships.

I say make the longer drive, and spend a little more $$, and go on the Breeze, for three main reasons: Newer, nicer ship with a lot more to offer; better ports; and most importantly, and EXTRA DAY!

Of course, keep in mind that the extra day will increase your spending while on board.

Enjoy!

I have been on the Breeze twice, once with whole family and this last time just my husband and I.

We couldn't have been happier! The Breeze is a beautiful ship with so many options to keep you busy, or not!

Pay attention to the Sea Days because there are certain eating areas that are only available on Sea Days (The BBQ and the Sea Day Brunch).

There are also plenty of deck chairs for relaxing and quiet spots all over the ship if that is what you like.

We haven't had an interior on the Breeze, but are booked in one for April. Third time could be a charm!

I hope you pick the Breeze, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Happy Anniversary!

We loved the Breeze and either way the drive is basically all day, right? If you don't mind having a forward cabin port hole cabins go for the inside rate and you still have a bit of a view. we stayed in 2221, which is pretty close to a lot of the action with dining rooms and the main theater on decks 3 and 4

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We decided to do Liberty out of port Canaveral since we can drive it for 10 hours from NC. We really like this ship and love the Western itinerary.

Tell us about some of your interests. If only beaches, good either way.

If you want great snorkeling and maybe even a Mayan pyramid! definitely western itinerary.

..........!

Breeze is a four hour longer drive, but it's a nice drive and the scenery is worth the time.

Breeze is ONE WHOLE DAY longer....

Itinerary; Breeze' itinerary is perfect. You mentioned that you are looking for something other than the same ol' Bahamas itinerary....

You said it yourself; 'Breeze is so inviting!'

Both ships are fine choices, but Breeze wins out in almost every way (Liberty has better aft wraps).