Redeeming FF miles on Jetblue

sambamama

I will be able to redeem miles for my first ever FF flight. I have FF miles with Jetblue and I will also have some with Air Canada in late May. I need to fly for a cruise in early December. The cruise is RT from Tampa, and Jetblue offers (at least right now) one daily nonstop from BDL to Tampa and back. No one else offers non stop to the best of my knowledge. I have lots of points on my AMEX platinum card. The cruise sails December 7, and returns December 21. I would much prefer to fly nonstop both ways. I also don't fly very often, so I don't mind using points up. Knowing all this, should I be booking my flights on Jetblue as soon as they open those flights? I know they don't block out-they just assess different points for flights. Are there other things I should look at? Is there another place to find answers to my questions? My preferred flying date down is December 5, and return on December 21. I don't necessarily need a nonstop coming back, so I could fly another airline back, but I do get free luggage on Jetblue because I get my $200 AMEX platinum airline reimbursement for Jetblue.

I don't necessarily need a nonstop coming back, so I could fly another airline back, but I do get free luggage on Jetblue because I get my $200 AMEX platinum airline reimbursement for Jetblue.

You get your first bag free on Jet Blue anyway so you shouldn't need to worry about the Amex platinum reimbursement.