Egg Crates for beds

I have found that it helps to request egg crates before you board to make sleeping more comfortable. It also helps to make your needs known before boarding.

I have found that Egg Crates really enhances the comfort of the mattress. I learned about Egg Crates when I slept on a sofa sleeper and you could feel the springs(how uncomfortable).

I always request extra pillows as I use two pillows to support my neck and the other pillows I use on the Couch when watching tv.

Do you request Egg Crates?

We used to request the egg crates years ago when the bed mattresses were foam and about 4 inches thick and no box springs, just a piece of plywood for support. But, when they made the change a few years back to real mattresses and box springs and upgraded all the bedding I found I no longer needed them.

They are more than happy to give you extra pillows, I wish they had larger pillows, I don't like those standard size pillows on a nearly king size bed. :)

Would the egg crates work on the sofa bed? They are so notoriously awful and I don't want my kids having poor sleep for a week...

Yes, the sleeper sofas would benefit. The beds themselves are great.

We like the egg crate to help keep the crack in the bed from giving us problems. I has always helped before. Funny that this past week on IOS the egg crate came in two pieces with the split in the exact same place as the bed cracks. So absolutely no help at all.

We like the egg crate to help keep the crack in the bed from giving us problems. I has always helped before. Funny that this past week on IOS the egg crate came in two pieces with the split in the exact same place as the bed cracks. So absolutely no help at all.

Would they turn sideways, or would there be too much overhang? Turning them sideways would've covered the seam in the middle of the bed.

Thanks for this post! I just called RCI and asked for an egg crate for our sleeper sofa on our upcoming cruise. It took them all of about 3 minutes to complete the request.

Now my DD will be comfortable!

You are most welcome sellwingri. This is why there is Cruise Critic to share our tips and tricks to make your cruise more comfortable.

I find that even with the new mattresses the Egg Crates make the bed more comfortable. Especially for the Sofa Sleeper. I wish they would make it illegal for people to feel the Springs on those beds. I can't believe why people spend so much money and then you feel the springs in the bed.

I think Royal should just put a pull out Futon with a regular mattress.