Stressing out - Leaving on Fascination in 12 days!

GeorgiaMomof4

The sauces at the Mongolian Wok didn't appeal to me either so I always tell them just put soy sauce on mine........so yummy!!!

Also instead of trying to pile my veggies in that little bowl I go to the carving area beside it and grab a platter......makes it easier.....";)

FYI=Camp Carnival Orientation is while they go under the bridge. I was SOOOOO upset that I missed it, but my son is special needs and as a newbie, I thought I had to attend the meeting for him to go in the camp. WRONG. Next time, screw the meeting. You can register at any point in your cruise.

Excellent tip!

Cruised Jan 20-25 on the Fascination.

Safe is Credit Card swipe not key pad.

http://jetwayparking.com/- off site low rate parking

https://www.vipparknride.com/- we used VIP in 2013. They did load the van up before taking us to the port took about an hour total. 10 to 15 min ride to port. they do not start the shuttle service until around 11:30am.

They do have a covered area and chairs to get out of the sun.

Lot is secure. Had a van waiting on us when we disembarked.

Lunch in the Sensation Dinning Room is not the Comedy Brunch, they do not have Crunchy French Toast or any of the Brunch Menu but do have a regular French Toast for Breakfast.

Thanks for the info and it's great that you just got back! Hope you had a great trip. Did you use the jetwayparking this year? Is the jetwayparking lot secure? Also, our trip is from a Saturday to Thursday with Nassau and Half Moon Cay - was yours the same itinerary just different days?

I'm wanting to find some copies of the Funtimes to know what time shows and so forth are so we will know what to do about our dinner time.

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you who have posted - you have helped a lot. Also thanks for the well wishes for my husband. He just turned 50 in mid December so his heart attack on Dec. 3 was a shock to all of us - no signs whatsoever! He is doing better but still has a ways to go. This heart attack has really taken it out of him.

Anyone with any other thoughts or advice please continue posting. I'm soaking all this up and starting to enjoy the fact that I'm going to be cruising in 11 days without any kids! We are foster parents so we have had as many as 6 children in our home in the last 8 or 9 years. Ours range from 19 down to 9 -(the younger 2 came from fostering so basically we started over again, but I wouldn't change a thing).

Keep all that advice coming and thanks again!

We are on the Feb 17 cruise and so excited. We were foster parents for several years and adopted 2. We have 5 all together. We are also leaving the kids at home this time for some much needed adult time.

There's some great information listed here. We did purchase FTTF for our cruise. My husband has 2 ruptured discs and doesn't do well walking or standing for long. So for us its worth the cost. Also we will be driving 11 hrs from Ohio all night ( hoping this weather straightens up)and want our room ready so we can nap before sail away.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

The Fascination was our first cruise last June. We loved it and have booked again. Most of the bad reviews I saw were from people who were too picky (they took up the apple juice at 9:30 and I couldn't have any for lunch. Waaaaah), or from people who were on their first cruise and had way to high expectations. If you go with low or no expectations, you will have a great time, as this ship doesn't have all the movie theaters, steakhouses and such. I second the idea of keeping quiet with the comparisons. One or two is fine, but critiquing every aspect makes you sound like an ungrateful complainer. The Fascination is best for relaxation & if that is your goal, it will be perfect. My review is not showing up in my siggy, I don't think, but you should be able to access it from my profile.

Edited by silverpenguin

We are on the Feb 17 cruise and so excited. We were foster parents for several years and adopted 2. We have 5 all together. We are also leaving the kids at home this time for some much needed adult time.

There's some great information listed here. We did purchase FTTF for our cruise. My husband has 2 ruptured discs and doesn't do well walking or standing for long. So for us its worth the cost. Also we will be driving 11 hrs from Ohio all night ( hoping this weather straightens up)and want our room ready so we can nap before sail away.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

I have a friend from work who will be on the Feb 17 cruise also!

Thanks for the info and it's great that you just got back! Hope you had a great trip. Did you use the jetwayparking this year? Is the jetwayparking lot secure? Also, our trip is from a Saturday to Thursday with Nassau and Half Moon Cay - was yours the same itinerary just different days?

I'm wanting to find some copies of the Funtimes to know what time shows and so forth are so we will know what to do about our dinner time.

Thanks!

We had an Awesome time!;) No we parked at the port and it was great, faster to board (dropped off luggage at terminal) then parked and faster to get us on the road after getting off. Worth the extra money for us for the convience.

Sorry i didn't bring the Fun Times home with me.If you want to be flexable see if you can get Anytime Dinning then you can go eat before or after a show.I know the Welcome Aboard Show will be the first night at 10:00 or so. They do have early shows for late seating dinners and late shows for early dinning other nights.

We love the Fascination. Head for the waterworks deck for sail away, great views and pics of the bridge. Have fun, and take good care of her, let her know we will see her in 4 weeks. Can't wait. Here is the link to my fascination review with pics from Nov 2012, in case you want to check it out. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748668