Will I hate my hotel....

aamechs2

If we stay in a hotel other than Hilton, Pearl, IC or Sofitel? I am considering Les Tipaniers, Linareva or Hotel Hibiscus? I need air conditioning to sleep but otherwise we won't be at the hotel very much. We love snorkeling and hanging out on the beach. We arrive in Papeetea on March 20 @ 5:00 am and leave on March 22 in the afternoon. We are renting a car so transportation isn't an issue. I just can't seem to make a decision 😓

There is no Hilton in Papeete only on Moorea which is a ferry ride to get to from Papeete.

On our up coming crusie on Marina next week we are staying at the IC for 2 nights before cruise.We stayed there 20 yrs ago when it first opened love there lagoone pool.I think the IC is about a 10 min ride from the airport.

If you want A/C you will need to stay at one of the larger resorts which of course adds to the cost.

Some of the places you mention are on Moorea. I assume that is where you are heading and you will rent the car once you arrive on Moorea.

If you want good snorkeling and A/C your best choice is the Hilton Moorea.

If you want good snorkeling, nice beach, close to motus and you have several choices for reasonable meals your best choice is Les Tipaniers but you only have ceiling fans. Most of the time the A/C isn't an issue so long as you have a beach front room to take in the natural breeze that comes off the lagoon.

I've stayed at both, love them both but for different reasons.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

On our up coming crusie on Marina next week we are staying at the IC for 2 nights before cruise.We stayed there 20 yrs ago when it first opened love there lagoone pool.I think the IC is about a 10 min ride from the airport.

The IC is much older than that. It opened in the mid-70s as a Travelodge and has undergone many different ownerships and refurbs since then. I remember it from the late 70s when it was called The Beachcomber and many people on Tahiti continue to call it that.

BTW,

Linareva - not the best place to snorkel

Hotel Hibiscus - Snorkeling in front isn't the best, however, it is close to motus and they have a shuttle that will take you there but IMO Les Tipaniers is superior

Here is the view from the casual beach front café. The background shows the view of the motus ...

LesTipaniersbeachcafe_zps31374ce1.jpg

Edited by Tikiintahiti