Unbelievable Upgrade Experience, Thanks NCL!

SweetSuiteCruiser

Yes, this was the norovirus cruise! We were very impressed with the way NCL handled it. We had friends get sick and they were quarantined to the stateroom. NCL treated my sick friends very well. They took extreme measures in the buffet and dining rooms. In the buffet you couldn't get anything yourself, even plates or drinks. They had employees handing you each thing that you wanted. In the dining rooms they no longer put bread baskets, salt & pepper, or even sugar packets on the table. If you wanted any of these things a server gave them to you with tongs. NCL also had employees constantly cleaning hand rails and such.

I just have to ask.... Did the luggage arrive without issues? Am I the only one wondering?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is little point in upgrading platinums that book lower grade cabins all or even some of the time, they have already shown the color of their money and will just go back to booking what they always book.

Give that new PAX the taste of the good life, there is a better chance they will be hooked and pay out the $$$$ next time.

There is little point in upgrading platinums that book lower grade cabins all or even some of the time, they have already shown the color of their money and will just go back to booking what they always book.

Give that new PAX the taste of the good life, there is a better chance they will be hooked and pay out the $$$$ next time.

So true- once in a NCL suite- there's no backs :)

Edited by 2boyzmom

I have to disagree. My husband and I are gold. We started out booking balcony cabins. Last April, we were booked on the Breakaway's maiden transatlantic voyage, and the day we were flying to London, we got a call from the upgrade fairy. We paid $1,000 more, total, and we were upgraded to the Haven. Since that incredible experience, we have booked four more cruises. Two of the four are in mini-suites, one is in a regular balcony, and our next cruise is back in the Haven. Upgrading us has definitely paid off for NCL, as we would never have moved out of a regular balcony if we hadn't gotten a taste of the Haven.

Once in a while, good things happen for no apparent reason. This is cause for celebration, not jealousy. Congrats on the upgrade and a memorable cruise!

I am so very happy for you. Really, I am.

But - it is beyond me why somebody at NCL would not have taken a minute and upgrade a Platinum member from a balcony, moved them to the OS and give you a balcony. Now you have many people very happy.

Again, happy for you, but if I was a manager at NCL, I would be slapping somebody around.

Which balcony passenger should NCL have chosen. No matter what NCL did someone was going to complain. Stop with the jealousy, this is what cruising guaranteed is about. Congrats to the OP, can't wait for a review and pictures (hopefully).

Congrats on the upgrade!! I love that booking the guaranty cabin paid off so well for you. I have friends who lived in Seattle who got upgraded to an owner's suite (I think it was on the Sun) when they booked last minute. They were over the moon too.

I don't really care how NCL decides to do the upgrades. If it's not gonna be me, then it might as well be a great story like this one. :)

OP - so happy to hear this lovely story! It's nice to know it can really happen to anyone!!!

And yes...you will be able to go back to a regular cabin. I have sailed in balcony cabins and the Garden Villa and have enjoyed every single cruise!

• 1 month later...

So happy for you. Our first overseas flight to London was Christmas day flying with BA. We were upgraded to business class from coach! Going coach again has been hard, but it remains a special memory of thoughtfulness by the agent that gave us such a gift. On our Hawaii cruise with NCL we were upgraded from inside to a large balcony at no charge. That has happened several times with NCL. It is wonderful that you had such a lovely experience.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Wow! What a great story! First, I applaud you for having the gumption to do such a last-minute trip but then to also go from an inside guarantee to the Owner's? Wow, wow, wow! Happy for you!

Congrats to the OP for hitting the lottery on this one! Glad you had a great trip. So many times we hear of people being disappointed in one thing or another, so it's nice to see when something goes well for someone.

I think it is fabulous that you were upgraded. What cruise memories you willl have and share for a long time to come. I would not be jealous of anyone getting an upgrade. If you paid for what you originally wanted and something better is granted, then all the more power to you. Hope to read a review from you.