Prorated Beverage Package Without a Fuss?

Question: Anyone actually got the prorated price without a hassle on day 2 or day 3?

Context:

I have seen a lot of threads on details of the beverage packages but only limited information on people who have actually purchased a package on day 2 or 3.

I want to buy the premium package on day 2 and it sounds like it should be prorated and save me $55. See the FAQ below from rci:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

However most of the posts I have seen on the matter sound like the people selling the packages onboard refuse to sell the package prorated and say the price is the same $385 on day 1 or day 2.

Anyone actually got the prorated price without a hassle on day 2 or day 3? How did you do it?

PS I will be on Freedom of the Seas next week.

zenworks911

I might just buy it but I thought I also might hold off depending on what time I get on the ship. If I didn't really even get settled until 3 or 4pm I don't think I would drink $55 worth on the first day. I will probably just stop by the booth and ask.

It is curious though how their FAQ says it is prorated but there were a few posts recently where people were told onboard that it was not.

I might be wrong....i know the package changed a bit last fall. On my grandeur cruise (10/5-11/1) they kept pushing the drink package on each day of the cruise. Every day we would see it in our cruise compass and I believe it was posted outside the WJ?

I can't remember how much it was but lets say it was $55 per person per day....you just paid the $55 a day for the remaining days left in your cruise.

It sounds like the new plan does it retroactively? Either way, I don't see why it would be a big deal unless they don't want you realizing on day 3 you are an expensive drinker and now want your moneys worth with the package?

Has it changed? Do they not put it in the compass to try and get you buy the drink package?

The link provided plainly gives the answer.

As printed in link:

Can we purchase the package for selected days?

Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout

the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the

duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase

You must have at least 4 days remaining, and it will be at a pro-rated price.

I too would love to hear experiences of this. For me our up coming transatlantic is 14 nights & the first few days may be bumpy & I won't drink if I'm feeling a bit sea sick. I'm hoping by day 4 it will be fine so that's when I will purchase. I've seen what the Q&A says on the RC website but there's nothing quite like hearing actual experiences! Many thanks.

Yes: Serenade Dec 12, 2013 9 night Sailing out of NOLA.

My niece traveling with us purchased it on day 2 and the charge was prorated. - No hassle

I highly reccommend you have a printout of the PDF info with you no matter who may days you plan to buy for.