Filling Up Water Bottle/Bag?

IMKTDQT810

I have a few of the 1 liter water bags that have a clip. Once the water is gone you roll the bag up into the clip and it can easily be put into your pocket. We used them at Disney a few years ago and worked great. Would it be ok to fill these up on the lido deck? And just water or any free beverage? I think I would be more inclined to carry it back to my room to fill it up out of the glass but I was not sure if we would be stopped getting off the ship wearing these or back on? I guess getting back on we would have to empty them if they are still fill, that is understandable to very it is not alcohol. But just wondered. Thanks!!

On my Carnival cruises (and RCI) there were signs at the water/tea/lemonade dispensers that personal mugs, cups, etc. are not to be filled there. Probably a health concern, especially considering recent Noro outbreaks on other lines. Enforcement - ???

But the signs prohibiting are there.

In the past I have brought my own container for On Board. I did use their provided cups to fill it as to try and limit contamination. It never seemed to be a problem. I just think they don't want to put all sorts of containers up to the dispenser.

My intention is to fill it into a glass and then transfer into my own bottle/bag. I know I'm a clutz at heart and was thinking I would not make a huge scene if I did it in my own cabin LOL.

But will I be allowed to leave the ship with it on me?

I bring an insulated mug and have never been stopped from filling it up.

Just because you haven't been stopped doesn't mean its OK to do so. I'd suggest using one of the provided CLEAN cups to fill your personal mug. It would be the considerate thing to do.

Edited by LostPuppy
typo

I bring water bottles on my cruises and fill them at the Lido deck. I never fill it directly from the spout. I fill a glass and transfer it to my water bottle. Sanitary for both the machine and myself. They don't want you to fill it directly from the machine into a personal container. Use a glass and transfer it.

Those foldable water bottles are great! Yes, you can carry them off the ship as I have done it many times. Yes, you can fill them with any of the free beverages from the lido deck. As others have said, please use a clean glass to get the beverage from the dispenser - Saw a guy on my last cruise drink the last few drops from his water bottle and then stick it under the spout to refill with the top touching the spout. Yuck!

I have a very small funnel which wouldn't take up much room that could be used for this purpose. The tops on mine are only about 1/2" diameter and it's a bit tricky to pour anything into them from a glass.

I have a few of the 1 liter water bags that have a clip. Once the water is gone you roll the bag up into the clip and it can easily be put into your pocket. We used them at Disney a few years ago and worked great. Would it be ok to fill these up on the lido deck? And just water or any free beverage? I think I would be more inclined to carry it back to my room to fill it up out of the glass but I was not sure if we would be stopped getting off the ship wearing these or back on? I guess getting back on we would have to empty them if they are still fill, that is understandable to very it is not alcohol. But just wondered. Thanks!!

No ploblem at all.