flight problem

Gizmobabe

we have booked our cruise and flights with NCL directly, however we received our flight details today and we land in Houston at 4:15pm but our ship leaves port at 4pm!!!!

phone lines are closed until tomorrow just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the outcome was. we are flying from the UK

we have booked our cruise and flights with NCL directly, however we received our flight details today and we land in Houston at 4:15pm but our ship leaves port at 4pm!!!!

phone lines are closed until tomorrow just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the outcome was. we are flying from the UK

i would double check the tickets against the airline's website (while you wait for a response from NCL) might be a typo - also make sure the time is in Central Time - if it's eastern or your local home time that would account for it...

Did you confirm the date? We booked air through NCL last spring. They alerted us that they couldn't get us out in time on the day of the cruise. They apologized and told us they would have to fly us out a day early, but would cover the Hotel costs. They did, and all went very smooth. I'm sure they will make the necessary changes, our experience with them was very good.

But if it's done through NCL it's no problem anyway is it? If NCL has booked the flight the crew and officers know that you will arrive.

I think it's the same as when you book an excursion through NCL, the ship will wait if there's a problem and you don't arrive back to port in time.

And BTW welcome to CC.

thanks guys, yeah it's not until November so plenty time, just glad I noticed. wouldn't be a problem if we had to fly the day before as we thought that's what would happen anyway. if they pay the hotel, even better :p:p

But if it's done through NCL it's no problem anyway is it? If NCL has booked the flight the crew and officers know that you will arrive.

I think it's the same as when you book an excursion through NCL, the ship will wait if there's a problem and you don't arrive back to port in time.

And BTW welcome to CC.

I seriously doubt that the ship is going to wait for two people who land at the airport 15 minutes after the ship is set to start the cruise.

Edited by ColinIllinois

I seriously doubt that the ship is going to wait for two people who land at the airport 15 minutes after the ship is set to start the cruise.

Yeah, you're probably right, that's why you suggested the parachute, right? At least they'd have a chance of landing on the heliport pad ...:D

Sorry, Gizmobabe... the fun has all been taken away........no parachuting for you either...guess you'll just have to call and get it corrected........::sigh:: :D

Yeah, you're probably right, that's why you suggested the parachute, right? At least they'd have a chance of landing on the heliport pad ...:D

Sorry, Gizmobabe... the fun has all been taken away........no parachuting for you either...guess you'll just have to call and get it corrected........::sigh:: :D

nooooo I loved the thought of jumping from the plane to the ship. it would have been awesome:D

Hi,

A few years back we booked a Pacific Coast repo out of Vancouver and we decided to fly in the same day from the east coast ( BAD judgement)!

The flights were a disaster from the start with 25 min delay on a bad valve to flying int Detroit instead of Chicago..

Saving grace was there. Was a couple on the chi to van with us...they bought the air from Ncl....

We were throwwn in a limo with this couple and whisked away to the ship...

The muster drill was going on and we actually checked in at the pursers desk!

Thank god for the other couple!

I don't remember how late the ship was held but we made it by the skin of our teeth.

Ncl will get you on the ship one way or another if you buy the cruise-air

Hi,

A few years back we booked a Pacific Coast repo out of Vancouver and we decided to fly in the same day from the east coast ( BAD judgement)!

The flights were a disaster from the start with 25 min delay on a bad valve to flying int Detroit instead of Chicago..

Saving grace was there. Was a couple on the chi to van with us...they bought the air from Ncl....

We were throwwn in a limo with this couple and whisked away to the ship...

The muster drill was going on and we actually checked in at the pursers desk!

Thank god for the other couple!

I don't remember how late the ship was held but we made it by the skin of our teeth.

Ncl will get you on the ship one way or another if you buy the cruise-air

Well wasn't that a nice happy ending to, what I'm assuming to be, a very stressful moment on vacation.

If NCL booked it they sure will. They have to.

I don't think there is any guarantee that they will hold the ship for two people. They certainly will make an effort to get you to the ship, maybe the first port. Holding a few thousand people for two late arrivals is not likely.

Landing at 4:15 means they wouldn't reach the ship until at least 6 pm or so.

With all that said, this is certainly a paperwork issue and NCL will fix it.

Edited by rvsullivan

If NCL booked it they sure will. They have to.

There is probably some sort of cut off that all cruise lines have in situations where their air passengers are delayed. I can't see them holding the ship for several hours. They would probably fly them to the first scheduled port, and pay for their lodging and incidentals. I think I've read that before here on CC.

edit: I am sure NCL will get this worked out for the OP. No worries.

Edited by RJ2002

Why you fly in the same day the cruise is departing? With the way the airlines operate, you are taking a huge gamble

We had a similar experience on our first cruise. We had our flight and transfers through NCL. NCL put us on a flight that was scheduled to arrive at 5:05 pm and all aboard time was 5:00. Fortunately the flight was on time. They held the terminal open until the bus arrived, and promptly locked the doors right behind us. But because of that experience, I never book air through NCL and I always plan to arrive the day before. By the time we got on board, people were already going to dinner and we'd missed all the initial excitement and the early hours on board.

Many of you know I am addicted to this site. I try to help as much as I can.

But, this thread is full of people trying to help a useless situation. They can not land at 4:15, or even 2:15 to catch a 4pm ship. Replies and guessing is pretty much a waste of time.

They just need to call and find out what is going on.

Geez....

And BTW welcome to CC.

Believe it or not, when I was still an TA about 3 years ago I had a horror story that was almost unbelievable and it was using Princess air/cruise package. I won't go into detail, but what Princess pretty much said was: not our problem, call the airlines. I hope NCL handles this better. I did use NCL air/cruise package a few times when I was an agent and usually for large groups, I only had minor problems. Just give them a call, as long as you have tiem something will be done.

i know from experience a plane full of brits can take a long time to get through customes / baggage collection ect . ( i`m a brit too bye the way )

it will be much better to fly in the day before , you`ll be less stressed and can sart your holiday a day earlier :) .

hope you get your flights sorted out .

Why you fly in the same day the cruise is departing? With the way the airlines operate, you are taking a huge gamble

Are you sure you are not arriving the day before? To have someone fly from London to Houston and arrive on the same day the ship leaves is pure stupidity. Too many things can go wrong on a long distance flight like that. You need to call NCL and ask them what gives?