flight problem

Gizmobabe

Are you sure you are not arriving the day before? To have someone fly from London to Houston and arrive on the same day the ship leaves is pure stupidity. Too many things can go wrong on a long distance flight like that. You need to call NCL and ask them what gives?

NCL put me on a flight from LAX to Copenhagen last year arriving at 11:30 am the same day the ship was sailing at 4:00 pm. I had to call Premium Air to change it, cost me $50 because it was a special request, but that was just too close for an international flight in my opinion.

NCL put me on a flight from LAX to Copenhagen last year arriving at 11:30 am the same day the ship was sailing at 4:00 pm. I had to call Premium Air to change it, cost me $50 because it was a special request, but that was just too close for an international flight in my opinion.

We don't book our air through the cruise lines, but it is really surprising to me that they make these sort of arrangements which allow little to no room for possible flight delays.

If NCL booked it they sure will. They have to.

Nope, not if the ship will have to pay fines for delay.

We had NCL cruise air and our plane was scheduled to arrive just a few hours before embarkation. First it was delayed by them having to remove luggage of a couple who missed their connection. Then it was delayed for mechanical reasons. I called the air help # we'd been given, was told they could hold the ship one hour. After that they'd help us get to the next port.

It was transatlantic cruise so next port was several days away. I was so relieved when we made it, boarding during muster drill.

Edited by NMLady

Originally Posted by ColinIllinois

I seriously doubt that the ship is going to wait for two people who land at the airport 15 minutes after the ship is set to start the cruise.

If NCL booked it they sure will. They have to.

The lack of common sense continues regarding this situation. It is obvious that a mistake was made (by poster or cruiseline). But, people still keep posting. And, expecting the ship to wait a few hours for two people is totally naive. Not gonna happen.

ok, op: what happened? This is just one reason we always fly in the day before cruising. We started this years ago when our kids worked for airlines and we flew on passes. We were always afraid we would get bumped, so we allowed ourselves plenty of time. Actually sometimes we arrived a two days prior to sailing and did sight seeing. We still allow ourselves that extra day. No sense in taking chances.