AFT Stairwell - all ships - by Wrap Balcony

Paumavista

These stairs are on ALL of the Deck Plans.......on all of the ships I've checked.

We are on the Splendor and there are stairs right outside the aft corner balcony - Are they public stairs?

Just talked to my vacation planner and she's telling me they are public stairs that anyone can use to get up to the LIDO deck......is this accurate?

Husband is upset that I booked a room near a public stairwell.......Anyone have information on these stairs?

Thank you.

So do I ask for another vacation planner?........I almost argued with her that I was pretty sure these were crew stairs.....I asked:

Are they open to the public?

ANYONE can use them?

Not just for crew?

All passengers can access them?

YES, Yes, YES, Yes........she did not hesitate and I did not misunderstand.

Pretty sure those are emergency steps only to be used if you have to muster and your cabin is in the aft. We used them during our drill on the Pride and never saw any guests use them any other time. They are steep like the crew steps and you have to be careful. They are behind a white door like the crew ones, but I'm not sure it says "crew only" like the others.

So do I ask for another vacation planner?........I almost argued with her that I was pretty sure these were crew stairs.....I asked:

Are they open to the public?

ANYONE can use them?

Not just for crew?

All passengers can access them?

YES, Yes, YES, Yes........she did not hesitate and I did not misunderstand.

When I asked a carnival representative (via email) about the aft stairwell I was assured that it was for staff only. We have booked the rooms surrounding it for our group.

We have had many aft wraps, they are indeed crew access only. They are for their normal day to day use. They never botherd us, in fact we took the liberty to use them to go up one deck to lido and poof, your at the pool and corner bar:)

Enjoy your wrap

We had a deck 6 Aft Wrap on the Splendor last August, and that stairwell is indeed crew only. We were allowed to use them to go to the muster drill on deck 4, but once the drill was over, we were not allowed to use them to go back up.

We vacationed on the Splendor in 2012. Empress Deck, AFt Wrap on the Starboard side. Yep, crew only stairs. Also, it was real easy to go to the Aft pool area. We booked an Aft Wrap for our cruise this summer too. Ssiling on the Glory though. Darn, the Starboard side was booked on Empress Deck..so we're on the Port side. My husband and I just LOVED that wrap around deck...hope you do to!