Cruise price good? Should I book?

lvssushi

7 day Caribbean, balcony guarantee, 2 people, 49 days out.

$875 pp. no obc or prepaid grats.

Never been on Celebrity. Should I book it?

We won't pay more than $150pp for a std balcony. Anything around $125 is a very good deal. Europe and Alaskaa are a little higher.

Shouldn't you be able to get the 123go promotion for $200 OBC or the free drink package? And why no OBC or gratuities? There are plenty of agencies that will give you some.

Also, presumably it's a Solstice class ship. I would say yes.

Edited by MisterBill99

Update - I looked at some cruises and found a $799 deal and tried to apply the OBC offer and it would not work with the $799 price. It did offer me an $849 price instead but then when I did a booking it came up at over $1000. Not sure what's up with that. In any event, try codes OBC123GO or BEV123GO to find pricing with the 123 offer. It could end up being a better deal.

Update - I looked at some cruises and found a $799 deal and tried to apply the OBC offer and it would not work with the $799 price. It did offer me an $849 price instead but then when I did a booking it came up at over $1000. Not sure what's up with that. In any event, try codes OBC123GO or BEV123GO to find pricing with the 123 offer. It could end up being a better deal.

Just to answer some of the questions first, I was told that the 123 offer did not work with certain guarantee rates. The rate I was initially quoted was that type of rate.

The ship is indeed a Solstice class ship, it is the Silhouette.

Onto MisterBill99:

You are awesome!!! :D:D

I went on Celebrity's website and found a balcony guarantee for $749 base fare per person, $880 per person with all taxes and port charges. I used the obc123go and it gave me a $200 obc!!!

I put it on hold as soon as I saw it!!

Then I got to thinking, did I read everything right? So I tried to pretend book another one, this time the price showed as $849.00 base rate with the $200 obc instead of the $749. Hmmmm.... I went back in and created a Celebrity account so I could look at the specifics of the reservation I had on hold, sure enough, it is a balcony guarantee for the $749 base fare with the $200 credit.

I was going to pay $1750 for a balcony for 2 with no onboard credit, now I can pay $1760 and get a $200 credit! Thank you, thank you!!!! :D:D:D

Thanks everybody for your input!!

By the way Cathy, it was great to talk to you again! It know has been a long time since I have been on these boards! :) We will definitely keep in touch!

Edited by lvssushi
sp errors

Good for you. Persistence pays. My neighbor books through an agent and gets absolutely no credit of any kind. Once, I checked his fare and found a $1000 reduction. He was appreciative but still refuses to spend the time looking for better deals. TAs must love people like him!!!

I booked a 7 day southern caribbean cruise in a 2A Balcony for $879. Also got free gratuities, an obc and a reduced insurance rate. I double checked to see if the insurance rate was a good deal thru insuremytrip and it was a very competitive price. The thing is, I booked my cruise shortly after the schedule came out almost two years from my cruise date.

Good for you. Persistence pays. My neighbor books through an agent and gets absolutely no credit of any kind. Once, I checked his fare and found a $1000 reduction. He was appreciative but still refuses to spend the time looking for better deals. TAs must love people like him!!!

There are people like that, and if they are happy, then I guess there is nothing you can do (although if you're like me, it probably bothers you each time you hear about it!). Hopefully they at least called the TA to get their price reduced, since that's the least they can do (of course, it would not be in their best interest, since it would lower their commission, all of which they're keeping!

Onto MisterBill99:

You are awesome!!!

I went on Celebrity's website and found a balcony guarantee for $749 base fare per person, $880 per person with all taxes and port charges. I used the obc123go and it gave me a $200 obc!!!

I put it on hold as soon as I saw it!!

I'm blushing :). Seriously, I'm thrilled that the codes were able to work out for you! I've never actually tried doing what I suggested, that is, entering it for a special fare and see what pops up). I don't think it would have been valid with the Tuesday specials, but if it was a normal price drop it was fine.

Hopefully you booked thru an agent who was able to give you additional OBC. I am not a TA but could give you a suggestion, but we're not allowed to post that here (not sure I'm even allowed to mention this).

Silhouette is a great ship. We sailed her during the inaugural season out of NJ in late 2011, and will be on board again out of FLL a week from Sunday!

Edited by MisterBill99

Excuse the alliteration, but that sounds like a fair fare. I am assuming that it includes the taxes and port charges.

Yes, it included taxes and port charges!

I'm blushing :). Seriously, I'm thrilled that the codes were able to work out for you! I've never actually tried doing what I suggested, that is, entering it for a special fare and see what pops up). I don't think it would have been valid with the Tuesday specials, but if it was a normal price drop it was fine.

Hopefully you booked thru an agent who was able to give you additional OBC. I am not a TA but could give you a suggestion, but we're not allowed to post that here (not sure I'm even allowed to mention this).

Silhouette is a great ship. We sailed her during the inaugural season out of NJ in late 2011, and will be on board again out of FLL a week from Sunday!

So I booked today, I did book through an agent. I was able to have the courtesy hold transferred to them prior to making full payment. I ended up taking the free beverage deal and a $200 obc.

Thanks again all!!

Yes, it included taxes and port charges!

So I booked today, I did book through an agent. I was able to have the courtesy hold transferred to them prior to making full payment. I ended up taking the free beverage deal and a $200 obc.

Thanks again all!!

So glad it worked out for you! Great deal!