Smoking on Azamara

azevedan

But his response was addressing an incident he experienced on Equinox. Stop being paranoid.

The incident on the Equinox had nothing in it about "complain[ing] about it later on Cruise Critic." So, therefore, it doesn't seem paranoid to conclude (correctly, I still maintain, but I apologize if that truly wasn't your intent) that you were comparing the Equinox situation to one in which someone :rolleyes: didn't "complain about it later on Cruise Critic" because that person didn't "...ask on-board management to address a problem."

The incident on the Equinox had nothing in it about "complain[ing] about it later on Cruise Critic." So, therefore, it doesn't seem paranoid to conclude (correctly, I still maintain, but I apologize if that truly wasn't your intent) that you were comparing the Equinox situation to one in which someone :rolleyes: didn't "complain about it later on Cruise Critic" because that person didn't "...ask on-board management to address a problem."

That kind of thing happens all the time here on Cruise Critic, azevedan. I was reinforcing the last sentence in Duane T's posting that I quoted, and I quoted only the last paragraph that included that sentence. It was intended as advice for anyone reading it.

I'll also point out I had an incident on Regent that I couldn't get resolved until I insisted on seeing the Hotel Director, who had managed to remain invisible throughout a 25-day cruise. He was able to fix it, after a lot of angst.

My point here is a general one (not directed at you or your situation): If someone has paid good money for a cruise, is encountering a situation that is causing real unhappiness and can't get it resolved going up through the normal channels, don't hesitate to take it to the Hotel Director. [On Azamara that should be an easy thing to do, as Philip, Heike, and Richard make themselves very accessible throughout the voyage.]

There may be instances where nothing can be done to address the issue at the time, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you did everything you could to get it fixed, and the odds of getting it fixed are better if you take it to the top.

Enough. Let's move on.

Edited by marinaro44

I was of course joking about strutting past the smokers & making obnoxious faces!!!! Because OF COURSE one wouldn't do that - you just make way in your life for other ways of living. Believe me in this - I am far from politically correct & believe in doing what I just said - make way in your life for other ways of living!

Sorry that you interpreted my tongue in cheek comment seriously. I would never treat people that way.

I was of course joking about strutting past the smokers & making obnoxious faces!!!! Because OF COURSE one wouldn't do that - you just make way in your life for other ways of living. Believe me in this - I am far from politically correct & believe in doing what I just said - make way in your life for other ways of living!

Sorry that you interpreted my tongue in cheek comment seriously. I would never treat people that way.

Glad to know that, but it didn't sound like a joke. And yes "I have made a way in my life for other ways of living". ;)

After all, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round...oh what a boring life it would be if we were all the same.

I was of course joking about strutting past the smokers & making obnoxious faces!!!! Because OF COURSE one wouldn't do that

Wanna bet?

I'm a two-time cancer survivor. (I have bad genetics.) I refuse to be near cigarette smoke even though my cancers weren't cigarette related. When I have to walk past smokers who crowd the entry doors of medical offices, restaurants, theaters, etc., I will give them plenty of Jersey Girl glare. :D

I will be celebrating my triumph over the second cancer on my upcoming cruise. Any smokers in the wrong place will get to see me making obnoxious faces and hear me asking them to kill themselves without killing me, thank you.

Wanna bet?

I'm a two-time cancer survivor. (I have bad genetics.) I refuse to be near cigarette smoke even though my cancers weren't cigarette related. When I have to walk past smokers who crowd the entry doors of medical offices, restaurants, theaters, etc., I will give them plenty of Jersey Girl glare. :D

I will be celebrating my triumph over the second cancer on my upcoming cruise. Any smokers in the wrong place will get to see me making obnoxious faces and hear me asking them to kill themselves without killing me, thank you.

I agree with you. Smoking is a killer for everyone. My wife also is a cancer survivor and we always make it a point to make it clear to smokers we do not appreciate their deadly habit.

Kellie Poodle, I cannot wait for you to get on your Azamara cruise & begin to enjoy the experience. I hope that the air is pure enough for you & that the coffee you drink is just to your liking. We have certainly heard a great deal about all of that.

When are you to embark? I wish you godspeed.....

Kellie Poodle, I cannot wait for you to get on your Azamara cruise & begin to enjoy the experience. I hope that the air is pure enough for you & that the coffee you drink is just to your liking. We have certainly heard a great deal about all of that.

When are you to embark? I wish you godspeed.....

You forgot to put the little sarcasm icon next to your post.:rolleyes:

We just boarded the Quest in L.A. One guy smoking a stinky cigar in the small smoking area on the pool deck. I could smell it about half way down the deck. Luckily we found lovely loungers far away. I will suggest re-thinking the current policy (allowing cigars) when I fill out my questionnaire.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App