Pride Returning to Baltimore

jabberjaw070596

There was some arm twisting concerning stack emissions, CCL won for now.

No, the Pride will have the technology before returning:

'Carnival Pride is one of several Carnival Cruise Lines ships that will be outfitted with exhaust gas cleaning technology – known as scrubbers –designed to reduce air emissions from cruise ships and large marine vessels. Scrubber technology will be installed on Carnival Pride prior to its Baltimore deployment in spring 2015'

This:

'WaterWorks, highlighted by Green Thunder, the steepest and fastest water slide at sea, as well as the line’s signature Twister slide full of exhilarating twists and turns and a spray park'

will shock our grandkids in 2015. They will be going on their 1st cruise with us this summer before Pride gets it so when we go again in 2015 we won't tell them and let them be surprised

Tampa NEEDS another ship! Paradise just doesn't cut it. We need one for 7 or 8 days cruises.

A little greedy there..... Be happy that you will still have "A" ship in Tampa. There are quite a few ports with no ships or have lost the one ship that they had.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']Tampa NEEDS another ship! Paradise just doesn't cut it. We need one for 7 or 8 days cruises.[/QUOTE]

Interesting that Carnival may not have a 7 night ship in Tampa, specially now that Royal is adding the Vision to do 7 night itineraries from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='ShotoJuku'][IMG]http://www.subdude-site.com/WebPages_Local/RefInfo/Computer/WebDev/WebGraphics_Decopics/StillImgs/LivingThings_orTheirParts_orToons/PeopleFamous/gordonGekko_greedIsGood_poster_340x369.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

This just gave me a good laugh!

[quote name='Tapi']Interesting that Carnival may not have a 7 night ship in Tampa, specially now that Royal is adding the Vision to do 7 night itineraries from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I mean doesn't seem a bit odd? They would basically be handing over their business to Royal Caribbean out of Tampa.

Date Day Port Arrive Depart Info
03/15/2015 SUN TAMPA, FL 4:00 PM
03/16/2015 MON FUN DAY AT SEA
03/17/2015 TUE GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00 AM 5:00 PM TENDER
03/18/2015 WED FUN DAY AT SEA
03/19/2015 THU LIMON, COSTA RICA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/20/2015 FRI COLON, PANAMA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/21/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/22/2015 SUN ARUBA 8:00 AM 8:00 PM
03/23/2015 MON CURACAO 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/24/2015 TUE FUN DAY AT SEA
03/25/2015 WED ST. MAARTEN, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
03/26/2015 THU FUN DAY AT SEA
03/27/2015 FRI FUN DAY AT SEA
03/28/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/29/2015 SUN BALTIMORE, MD 9:00 AM

Who is going? I'm trying! Edited by I Luv Crusin

[quote name='Eng23']A little greedy there..... Be happy that you will still have "A" ship in Tampa. There are quite a few ports with no ships or have lost the one ship that they had.[/QUOTE]

It must stink to have four OTHER ports with eight year-round ships within a four hour drive of your home. Up until about 8 hours ago our nearest ship after October was the Fantasy and that was a 9-12 hour drive depending on traffic.

[quote name='Carnival_Brides']It must stink to have four OTHER ports with eight year-round ships within a four hour drive of your home. Up until about 8 hours ago our nearest ship after October was the Fantasy and that was a 9-12 hour drive depending on traffic.[/QUOTE]

Baltimore is the only port within a 4 hour drive of my home. Charleston is 5 1/2 hours. NYC is 6 hours.
The point I was making is that Tampa will still have a ship while there are other ports with no ships or had ships that left.

[quote name='Eng23']Baltimore is the only port within a 4 hour drive of my home. Charleston is 5 1/2 hours. NYC is 6 hours.
The point I was making is that Tampa will still have a ship while there are other ports with no ships or had ships that left.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Norfolk is reopening soon.