South to North Vs East to West?

I was reading here online about 26 hour days on the West to East Cruises and losing time on the East to West Cruises. I was wondering on a Brazil(Santos)-Barcelona Cruise going from South to North in April will we also have 26 hour days? Since there is only a 5 hour time difference how will this effect the daylight?

Thanks

I was reading here online about 26 hour days on the West to East Cruises and losing time on the East to West Cruises. I was wondering on a Brazil(Santos)-Barcelona Cruise going from South to North in April will we also have 26 hour days? Since there is only a 5 hour time difference how will this effect the daylight?

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, there is a 5 hour time difference between South America and Europe, so if you are departing Brazil and arriving at Barcellona, the time there will be 5 hours later than in Brazil. But that time zone change is gradual over the length of the cruise. As a result you will not suddenly have 26 hour days and would likely not feel the time change. I'm sure you will be advised by the captain to change your watches periodically to each new time zone to reflect the incremental time zone changes every other day or so.

It would be no different than if you flew the same route - except that the time zone change would be through the short course of the flight where you would feel the time change as jet lag.

Its all relative - you are simply changing time zones.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's actually the other way. When you go from West to East (America to Europe) you usually get 5 days of 23 hours. When you go the other way, East to West (Europe to America) you get about 5 days of 25 hours. This will be the case for any transatlantic regardless of start and end as long as they are making the journey across all those time zone. The farther south your starting the longer your journey though so you may get your 5 days spread out while one going from Florida usually you'll have them 5 days in a row.