on board activities - do they explain what they are?

glm7777

I've been perusing the posts that include the dailies from the Dawn and some of the events that are offered I have no idea what they are. For instance - what is "bridge play?" Are there any explanations of the events on the daily sheet?

I don't want to miss anything fun!

Also, I've noticed on the ones I've seen posted that there isn't any indication of which things have an extra charge. For example, I know BINGO has an extra charge but it doesn't note the fee on the dailies - at least not the ones that I've been looking at (although they have been from a few years ago). I just don't want to think something is free and then get hit with an unexpected charge - especially if it's something I'm only half interested in.

The dailies footnote if there is a charge for an activity.

Yes it used to have little asterisks beside the ones that had a fee and then at the bottom of the page "denotes fee for this activity". But I noticed on the November dailies for the Dawn still had the wording but nothing beside the activity that the fee was charged for.

Maybe it was just a color that didn't scan well.

OP no there is not really much except the title to tell you what it is and the highlighted shows have a little write up on the first page sometimes. Although most are self-explanatory.

Edited by che5904

I've been perusing the posts that include the dailies from the Dawn and some of the events that are offered I have no idea what they are. For instance - what is "bridge play?" Are there any explanations of the events on the daily sheet?

Also, I've noticed on the ones I've seen posted that there isn't any indication of which things have an extra charge. For example, I know BINGO has an extra charge but it doesn't note the fee on the dailies - at least not the ones that I've been looking at (although they have been from a few years ago). I just don't want to think something is free and then get hit with an unexpected charge - especially if it's something I'm only half interested in.

Bridge is a card game.

Also you will not be hit with an unexpected charge... If you have to hand them your Sign and Sail card then there is most likely a fee. But alot of the stuff you can go watch and not pay for.

Like on our last cruise, we checked out the Deal or No Deal on day, had no idea what or how it was run.... Come to find out its kind of like a bingo where you have to buy a card to play and then they randomly choose an audience member from those that bought cards to go on stage and play.

We had fun watching, but didn't have to pay anything.... later in the cruise we went back with friends and purchased a card to play along and ended up winning a "free" photo.

They don't really explain what they are but that's part of the fun. The not so newlywed game is a favorite of mine and yes it's like the old tv show. If you show up for something and decide it's ot for you just leave and do something else. That's part of the fun.

at the end of the Freestyle daily there is a breakdown on what has extra charges and what doesn't. If there is a single star next to the activity there is a charge, if there are 2 stars it means weather permitting. As for things like What is bridge play? Just what it sounds like, bridge. If you don't know what bridge play is, you wouldn't want to do it. It is a card game.

<snip> As for things like What is bridge play? Just what it sounds like, bridge. If you don't know what bridge play is, you wouldn't want to do it. It is a card game.

Be aware that some contract bridge players take the game VERY seriously - if you thought that some trivia players were 'passionate' - you ain't seen nothing yet!