P&O Australia Military Benefit arrangements

windsor26

I would be interested to know if US cruiser on P&O Oz ships are entitled to military benefits. I note that the rules say to have done service in Australian services - as the USA site says to have served in USA services.

The UK sites also have the similar wording. Now Aida cruises is part of CCL and probably has a similar rule Therefore Can an Australian who came from Germany and is cruising on P&O claim the Military benefit from his service in Germany??

Edited by windsor26

I think that is one question that you will have to take up with P & O. I have always done it thru my travel agent but when I first enquired they knew nothing about it and had to go to P & O for answer. Definately try for it as it can work out to be quite worthwhile. Good luck!

I think that is one question that you will have to take up with P & O. I have always done it thru my travel agent but when I first enquired they knew nothing about it and had to go to P & O for answer. Definately try for it as it can work out to be quite worthwhile. Good luck!

Thanks Normally we have no trouble you just e mail them but this is the problem The friends' service was done with the German army before they migated here and this is not mentioned in their forms and I cannot get a reply from them when I ask direct.

I cut and pasted this excerpt from the Princess cruise line website - they are the same as P&O. It specifically says service of the Australian and NZ Defence force not other countries.

Defence Force Benefit for Veterans & Active/Retired Personnel

To thank the brave men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Force for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel.

I cut and pasted this excerpt from the Princess cruise line website - they are the same as P&O. It specifically says service of the Australian and NZ Defence force not other countries.

Defence Force Benefit for Veterans & Active/Retired Personnel

To thank the brave men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Force for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel.

I understand but if you are now a member of the country you live in and you served the country you then had ties to it seems strange

I did advise them to send in the paperwork and hope for the best

Obviously the whole company CCL gives benefit to UK and Ireland, Canada and USA and NZ and Australia as mentioned in each countries sites but I do not find Italy or Germany although they have Italian and German based companies.