Booking next cruise while on board

TB21984

Will be cruising in March 2014 and am considering a cruise in early 2015. Are tbere any advantages to reserving the '15 trip while on board in '14? What amount of deposit could I expect to make on the '15 cruise? Along this same line, when / where would I get the best deal? TA / Corporate Site / On Board ?

Yes, you can book your next cruise on board. What they charge for a deposit depends on what cruise line you're on. Some take a full deposit (again the amount varies by cruise line), some will put a smaller deposit on your shipboard account (once you get home, some lines will expect a full deposit by a certain time).

Booking on board doesn't usually get you a "best deal" unless the cruise line is running some kind of special. What we usually do is book on board, and then transfer the booking to our travel agent, who provides the perks.

Will be cruising in March 2014 and am considering a cruise in early 2015. Are tbere any advantages to reserving the '15 trip while on board in '14? What amount of deposit could I expect to make on the '15 cruise? Along this same line, when / where would I get the best deal? TA / Corporate Site / On Board ?

For an accurate answer we need to know...

1. Cruiseline

2. Ship

The answer varies between these.

Some offer better pricing if you book onboard. If you are booking early enough you have a nice choice of rooms.

EX : Princess offers no discount for booking onboard, however you do get a reduced deposit and an OBc. But these benefits are not limited to booking onboard. You can pay for a Future Cruise Credit that will allow you to have these benefits for up to two years after your cruise.

For an accurate answer we need to know...

1. Cruiseline

2. Ship

The answer varies between these.

Some offer better pricing if you book onboard. If you are booking early enough you have a nice choice of rooms.

EX : Princess offers no discount for booking onboard, however you do get a reduced deposit and an OBc. But these benefits are not limited to booking onboard. You can pay for a Future Cruise Credit that will allow you to have these benefits for up to two years after your cruise.

Princess is a win win situation for us. We BUY a Future Cruise Credit for $100 . Don't have to book for 2years and that can be extended or you can get your money back anytime. Then when I do book I get an onboard credit. Usually of $100. And Princess lets me combine all OBCs I like to have a few o hand. Better than money in the bank or any other investment.