? Carnival Sunshine 59% ?

I've been reading the member's reviews on the Sunshine for months. My question is when do the people in charge of the reviews update the percentage of "loves" the cruise? I've seen a lot more stars recently and would think the percentage would be higher. (I admit I've never done an actual average.)

I would have thought so too so I took a look. I'm assuming CC gives 4 or 5 stars the "loved this cruise" title. Of the last 50 reviews which takes it back to last Nov, 29 people gave it 4 or 5 stars which is 58%. The reviews have been getting a lot better. If you take the last 25 its up to 68% of the reviews loving the Sunshine. So like a previous respond said, not enough good reviews to turn the numbers just yet.

We were booked on the Breeze last year when all the "I'm never sailing carnival again because the Breeze ruined my vacation!!" reviews came out....got on expecting to smell raw sewage, see ripped up stained carpeting, horrid service, cold, slow, ill prepared food....the ONLY "negative" that we experienced was that the ship had quite a bit of motion (one couple we spoke to said they had experienced less motion in a ship during 15 foot swells) but the motion certainly wasn't a deal breaker, it was more of a novelty :-) What did I learn from this experience? Only look at reviews for a few months back, and assume that a new ship may initially have problems and those problems may not apply to your sailing :-) I can't wait to get on the leaky Sunshine next year :-P

Why would a brief sewage smell or bucket catching water ruin your experience? Big deal! I LOVED Sunshine, except for the too often country music and hip hop played. Wish they had more of a variety in music, but everything else was great! The best food I have EVER tasted on a cruise

I've been reading the member's reviews on the Sunshine for months. My question is when do the people in charge of the reviews update the percentage of "loves" the cruise? I've seen a lot more stars recently and would think the percentage would be higher. (I admit I've never done an actual average.)

Just like with everything else people are more likely to give negative reviews than spend the time to give a positive one. Rarely do people take the effort to praise something or someone but they will most certainly go the extra mile to tell all about the bad. Sad but true. I will be on the Sunshine in 44 days and I intend to enjoy every last minute. I will be sure to give a rating and a review of my fabulous time.

I'm on Sunshine right this minute sitting on Lido with a delicious Mango Magic (with a rum floater) and THIS SHIP IS PERFECT! :cool:

If she was staying in NOLA, I'd be booking another cruise on her as soon as I could.

Not one problem, so take everything you read with a grain of salt and, most of all...consider the source.

Just like with everything else people are more likely to give negative reviews than spend the time to give a positive one. Rarely do people take the effort to praise something or someone but they will most certainly go the extra mile to tell all about the bad. Sad but true.

...More accurate words have never been spoken.

...For every one poster here who has something negative to say (and some who are extremely negative about the Sunshine, yet have never stepped foot on her) there are hundreds, if not thousands, of cruisers who have enjoyed their cruises on her.

...Will experience her myself when she gets to Cape Canaveral.

I'm on Sunshine right this minute sitting on Lido with a delicious Mango Magic (with a rum floater) and THIS SHIP IS PERFECT! :cool:

If she was staying in NOLA, I'd be booking another cruise on her as soon as I could.

Not one problem, so take everything you read with a grain of salt and, most of all...consider the source.

Please tell me about Ji Ji lunch and dinner. It sounds like our type of food

Thanks

Thanks

JiJi's is only open at night. There is a special menu for the evening. During breakfast and lunch the area serves as an omelette station and Mongolian wok.

The cost at night is $12 per person. I did not try the other for fee dining areas, but I can tell you that dinner at JiJi's was the best meal I had on the Sunshine. I had the Kung Pao chicken with the basmati fried rice, with rose crime broulee for dessert. I highly recommend it! You do have to make a reservation.

I did the Mediterranean on the Sunshine and it was awesome. Did see one of the infamous buckets (1) and I am one of the guilty who didn't do a positive review.

Truthfully I chose not to review deliberately. I haven't seen so many people getting slammed over their opinions over my last 5 or 6 years here on Cruisecritic over a ship. Just not worth the aggravation and in fairness it was a heavy port cruise so I didn't do any nighttime or entertainment so had no opinion on it. I do try to put my opinion in on individual posts asking specifically.

No the ship didn't list, no there weren't buckets covering the hallways, no I didn't run into any sewage smells. I'm sure it is crowded with a less port intensive cruise, however most of my cruises I've been on have been pretty crowded. Thumbs up on Sunshine from me. Thought she was lovely and would be happy to sail her again. Yes I'm probably a Carnival Cheerleader in that I chose her for the price point and have a great time on all my cruises.

I loved it though and would happily do it again. Laugh every time I see the bucket comment. I kept tripping over the Art work cart parked in front of my room and again certainly didn't effect my cruise. The 1 ok maybe 2 buckets I saw over the 12 days were the least of my troubles. I'd take my room again in a heartbeat, large and quiet (2347 aft oceanview).

Loved the theming and dining options and had a great time.

I booked The Sunshine yesterday for New Year's. I can't wait to go & form my own opinion. I also read horrid reviews about the Breeze & after being on it 2 years in a row during the busiest travel time (New Year's) I never encountered long ridiculous lines at the buffets, a sewage smell or horrible shows.

Thanks

We haven't tried it for lunch but dinner was incredible.

Both the food and service was wonderful - on par with most high end, modern restaurants.

We really enjoyed speaking with the staff, hostess Marzhan and husband/wife server team, Aidin and Anara.

Also, Bonsai Sushi - on deck 4 across from the steakhouse - is another fantastic food experience.

Edited by PresDuLac

I am in the airport ready to board my flight to New Orleans. We will be on the Sunshine tomorrow and I plan on doing a picture review when we get back. I remember the Breeze getting lousy reviews, especially in Europe, but I really enjoyed the Breeze, even though I got bronchitis halfway through the cruise.

I am looking forward to watching the Super Bowl on the big screen. I am also a sucker for waterfalls, as soon as I saw the waterfall in the Serenity area, I knew I had to book the Sunshine.

Just like with everything else people are more likely to give negative reviews than spend the time to give a positive one. Rarely do people take the effort to praise something or someone but they will most certainly go the extra mile to tell all about the bad. Sad but true. I will be on the Sunshine in 44 days and I intend to enjoy every last minute. I will be sure to give a rating and a review of my fabulous time.

This is true. But it would be that way for all cruiseships. So, in reality, you can get a good frame of reference by comparing ship's ratings across the board.