Different cabin availbilty on different sites

jrs7306

I haven't seen that happening with any of the TAs I've used or compared (always the same max 15 cabins from each category) but since we are not allowed to name TAs here, there is no chance to try to sort this out within CC rules.

I did experience that with 2 TA vs Ncl.

I wanted a certain cabin that was available on Ncl but it ( the category ) was cheaper on a TA website. This cabin was not available with the TA so I called the TA and they told me they had bought a block of cabins in order to have lower rate...but my cabin was not bought by the TA.

I did look it up for other cruises at a later time and it did happen again...and the REVERSE also. I wanted a specific cabin within the category and it was available on the TA's site but not on Ncl's site, did a search on Ncl and came up as "not available"..I guess it was bought in block by the TA.

I found the specific cabin my wife wanted available on a TA web site, but not available when I contacted NCL. I told the PCC that I would book it if they made the room available - magically it was available. I am guessing that the TA had a hold on it.

I've been noticing lately that if I search for a certain cabin within a category, I get a reply stating that cabin #---- is available, the ---- being the first cabin number in the list of available cabins already appearing on the left side of the screen.

In the past, if the cabin I was searching for was available, the number would appear. If it was not available, something saying that it was not available would come up.

I don't really care if #---- is available! If I was interested in that cabin, I would have selected it from the list of available cabins already shown.

I wonder if this is a glitch in the system or if, as some have stated above, the cabin I was interested in was being held by a TA. Is NCL trying to push certain cabins and isn't giving out info on others even if they are available so people will call a PCC?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a side note my husband and I just booked a cruise on the gem through a warehouse travel company. All the rooms that are available are not always able to be seen on either the travel company's website or NCL;s website. When are TA called ncl we were able to book the rooms we wanted.