Fun Factory Questions

LBeeE

Looking for info about the Fun Factory on Celebrity? Can anyone give me as many details as possible? My children are 7 & 9. They have never cruised. DH & I have been on 2 RCI cruises. Would like to try Celebrity next.

I have many of the same questions. Best I've been able to determine so far is that they're a lot like HAL in the sense that the close for lunch (12-2) and for dinner (5-7). However, for $6 per hour, they do provide a lunch or dinner with the camp counselors. This fee also applies if you're on an excursion and leave your children onboard.

I've looked at this site to see what the programming typically looks like: http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise2012B/Summit_2012_Bermuda/Summit_Bermuda_2012.html

Your kids are going to love the Fun Factory. It is WAY better than Holland America. My son has enjoyed it more than Royal, Princess or Holland America. There are fun activities.

9-12 (free) kids

lunch 12-2 ($12 per child)

2-5 (free)

kids dinner ($12 per child)

7-10PM free

10-1AM ($6 per hour per child)

My kids were 7 and 10 last year on the Summit. My 7 year old spent about one hour there all week. It was not fun for him. Too many kids. Too much noise. Not enough to do. My 10 year old enjoyed it more, but went only for the activities that interested her, mostly scavenger hunts and talent show practices.

I'm always hesitant to say if a child is going to like it or not. Not all do or do every time. It depends on the child as well as the other children onboard. If your child makes a friend, you may have trouble dragging him or her out.

Even though they spent little time at the Fun Factory, they still loved the cruise and we found plenty of things to do as a family. There were scavenger hunts, game time, Family Feud, not to mention the pool and the evening shows.

We're going again this summer for the third time.

I was on the Summit in 2012 and my son had a great time in August. He was 11 almost 12. These Bermuda cruises do have a lot of kids which can be good and bad. I think that the staff is prepared to deal with lots of children on these cruises. I also love the Bermuda itinerary. There is so much to do there and my son loved the Aquarium/Zoo, swimming with the dolphins and snorkling. It was very easy to do from Maryland where I live and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. All the kids on board that I encountered were having a great time.

We were on Summit this past summer and our daughters (4 and 6) both loved the Fun Factory. They liked it better than RCCL's Adventure Ocean.

We did the VIP pass for both kids and thought it was worth the money when you factor in the all the gifts they get with the package, the behind the scenes tours.

What is the VIP package? I see several have said their children liked Fun Factory better than Adventure Ocean, that's great to hear! Are you able to tell me why? Did the Fun Factory have programs and activities to engage the kids, or more of a free-roam? Sorry so many questions!! Thanks for all of the responses!

Also, which type of cabin did you all get with 2 kids? Was it roomy enough with 4 people? What about clothing storage? DH and I didn't have enough room to unpack our clothes for just the 2 of us in a balcony cabin on RC Freedom this summer, it would have been more than challenging if we had the kids too! We are not over-packers either.

What is the VIP package? I see several have said their children liked Fun Factory better than Adventure Ocean, that's great to hear! Are you able to tell me why? Did the Fun Factory have programs and activities to engage the kids, or more of a free-roam? Sorry so many questions!! Thanks for all of the responses!

Also, which type of cabin did you all get with 2 kids? Was it roomy enough with 4 people? What about clothing storage? DH and I didn't have enough room to unpack our clothes for just the 2 of us in a balcony cabin on RC Freedom this summer, it would have been more than challenging if we had the kids too! We are not over-packers either.

My children liked RCCL program more than Disney's. Now, as teens, Celebrity is their favorite cruise line. We started to cruise with them when they were 3 and 4 y/o, for the four of us we book either a suite or two connecting cabins. Don't know if I missed when you are cruising or the ship you want to book to help you with the cabin selection. We have cruised on S-class ships and found that the storage space in non-suite cabins is really limited, connecting cabins will give you privacy, two bathrooms and two TVs. A suite is also an alternative, hope this helps.:):)

I think the experience can vary from cruise to cruise. We went two years in a row on the Summit. 2011 and 2012. We have sailed many times per cruise on Celebrity (we were elite). Those are the only two we have done with kids. We had FV rooms both trips. I highly recommend them. Our first time in the FUn Factory could not have been better. We had to drag my daughter kicking and screaming from the club. We did not use the paid times. She went in and out during the day and after dinner before the paid time. Security was good, supervision was good, activities were great. DD begged to go back. The next year she was 5 and my younger was 3. Both love school, activities etc. they were so excited to go to the fun factory. They went maybe two times and refused to go back. My older DD is very social so it was hard to not go. She said they were not well supervised. They let the 6-8 group come in to the 3-5 group. My younger one said the older kids kept picking her up even when she told them not to and complained to the counselor. My older one said a few older ones who were 8 were bullying the younger kids and grabbing toys from them and telling them they couldn't play. The kids were out of control jumping all over running wild when we went to pick them up. What bothered me was the year before ( same ship) they kept the clip board behind the desk and someone at the desk. This time you had to wait at pick up bc they was no one there. They left out the clip board on the desk so anyone could look at what your child's name was, their, cabin number, where the parents were etc. they never asked me for anything I gave there names, they sent the kids out and didn't even check if I signed them out. Both weeks had about the same number of kids. It was during the summer so they should have had plenty of warning and plenty of staff.

We love celebrity and want to give them another chance but it was disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Forums