Ultimate vs Premium drink package

Tetromibi

I am reading this thread and it says the limit for the cocktails on the Ultimate/Premium Package is $10...

But the website says "Premium cocktails

(up to $12 value)"

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Has the limit changed?

If so what is the perk to getting the most expensive ULTIMATE package if the only difference is Premium Coffee, Tea, Sparkling Water and Juice?

I am reading this thread and it says the limit for the cocktails on the Ultimate/Premium Package is $10...

(up to $12 value)"

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Has the limit changed?

If so what is the perk to getting the most expensive ULTIMATE package if the only difference is Premium Coffee, Tea, Sparkling Water and Juice?

Yes, some months ago Royal changed the limit for cocktails in both the Premium and Ultimate packages to $12.

You are correct about the difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

Yes, some months ago Royal changed the limit for cocktails in both the Premium and Ultimate packages to $12.

You are correct about the difference between the Premium and Ultimate packages.

Thank you Bob....you've been very helpful with all your responses.

(up to $12 value)"

Has the limit changed?

I drink 3 or 4 premium coffees a day so the Ultimate package is better for me

I'm not even sure what "premium" coffee is. I guess it doesn't matter to me if I don't really know the difference. :confused:

Premium coffee is things like cappucino, espresso, latte.

Hi. Our family (6) is heading out on Freedom of the Seas this June to the Western Caribbean (we were on Liberty of the Seas a few years back and really enjoyed it) and wondering a few things about RCI's new beverage packages if anyone can assist; called RCI yesterday and they were of zero help. Figured folks on the boards would know...

We are looking at the Premium package ($55 per day) and wondering if anyone knows:

• Does this package include the after dinner shots in the MDR?
  • If it includes house wines in the MDR? I've heard the house wines aren't great, but can't find a list of what is considered house
  • If it includes any "house" wines at Vintages?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

The package DOES include the dinner shots - but it DOES NOT include the glassware. We made sure to tell the bar server (separate from your MDR attendant) that we wanted that shot but did NOT want the glassware. We made sure to tip him a dollar or so for his effort.

Can't comment on the house wines - I'm not a wine drinker. We had the premium package last cruise and we didn't find a single drink that was "extra." We had frozen drinks, mojitos, margaritas, rum and cokes, espresso drinks - all of them were included in the premium package. We don't drink that much coffee - and we do - it's with Bailey's - which is included - and you can get at many indoor bars. So - my suggestion - for what it's worth - is to go with the premium package.

Happy cruising!!!

Can't comment on the house wines - I'm not a wine drinker. We had the premium package last cruise and we didn't find a single drink that was "extra." We had frozen drinks, mojitos, margaritas, rum and cokes, espresso drinks - all of them were included in the premium package. We don't drink that much coffee - and we do - it's with Bailey's - which is included - and you can get at many indoor bars. So - my suggestion - for what it's worth - is to go with the premium package.

I went with the premium package on Legend this past May. Most wines by the glass on the menus were included (up to $14, I think). There were only a few drinks where I had to pay extra, but they involved the bar tender having to climb a ladder to get the "special" bottle. Otherwise, everything was covered. I highly recommend it.

This has been a great thread! I was planning on the ultimate, but i think I'll be fine with the premium! My fiance and I are definitely drinkers, but no need for the fancy coffees, teas, or OJ. I was worried about a lot of drinks being over $12, but it seems like those are few and far between. Plus, from what I've read, they just charge you the difference for any drinks over $12, rather than for the whole price of the drink. So with all those things in mind, I'm pretty confident the premium will be sufficient! Thanks, everyone :)

No packages cover beverages at the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure.

Is this different than on NOS in Feb 2015 where the Starbucks next to the Promanade Cafe provided starbucks mocha as included in the Ultimate package

Is this different than on NOS in Feb 2015 where the Starbucks next to the Promanade Cafe provided starbucks mocha as included in the Ultimate package

Yes, because only Oasis class has a dedicated Starbucks branded venue, where no beverage packages are honored.

All the other ships have other venues (Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes) that are not branded sStrbucks venues, but may serve coffee with Starbucks beans. The beverage packages are honored at these venues.

• 2 weeks later...
Where on MOS can you get lattes, cappuccinos, etc.. included in the ultimate?. this is the only reason I would get the ultimate package, thanks....

Mariner: Cafe Promenade and restaurants.

Majesty: Cafe Latte-tudes and restaurants.

am I right in saying the premium package includes spirits and mixers - eg, gin & tonic, Bacardi & coke etc .?

Maybe it's just me - but I really do find RCI's info on drink packages a bit vague!!

Yes, the Ultimate package includes spirits and mixers.

Maybe this will help:

Yes, the Ultimate package includes spirits and mixers.

Maybe this will help:

Premium includes spirits and mixers also doesn't it?

The way the packages read RCI make it sound like you get more alcohol in the ultimate - and from the forums that clearly isn't the case!

Premium includes spirits and mixers also doesn't it?

The way the packages read RCI make it sound like you get more alcohol in the ultimate - and from the forums that clearly isn't the case!

Yes, Premium includes the same alcoholic drinks as Ultimate.

Ultimate adds these to Premium: specialty coffees and teas, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparking water.

Pertaining to Navigator of the Seas next Sunday,

Where do I get the coffee in the Ultimate package and is Bailey's available in the coffee?

Looking forward to the challenge of the Ultimate drink package.

Thanks

Specialty coffees are available at Cafe Promenade and restaurants.

Thank you,

Also I thought I read somewhere that drink packages do not apply while in port. How could that be possible? Excuse the question as I/we cruise infrequently.

Drink packages begin on embarkation day and end at some point the night before debarkation. They are effective on port days and at Coco Cay and Labadee.

The package prices on Splendour last week were more expensive than in the PDF posted. We had the select package included in our booking but it is $42 per day, not $35. It didn't include cocktails which were $14 each with a Cocktail of the day being $9. We upgraded one package to Premium which cost an extra $15 per day ($57). The Ultimate package was $65 per day, I think. Also Select didn't include bottled water, according to some bartenders.

The package prices on Splendour last week were more expensive than in the PDF posted. We had the select package included in our booking but it is $42 per day, not $35. It didn't include cocktails which were $14 each with a Cocktail of the day being $9. We upgraded one package to Premium which cost an extra $15 per day ($57). The Ultimate package was $65 per day, I think. Also Select didn't include bottled water, according to some bartenders.

Package prices for some European cruises are priced with the 18% gratuity included, so that's why the $35 per day package ended up at $42.