Nachi Cocum, Xel-Ha, Passion Island?

MissTraveler08

I have a couple questions regarding Nachi Cocum, Xel-Ha and Passion Island.

This'll be our second time visiting Cozumel and I'm planning to do a lot of research. Last time we were in Cozumel, we did some sort of power snorkel, which none of us cared for at all. I think it may have been in Chankaanab? I actually have no idea, it was a RCCL excursion.

Anyway, my first question is, are Xel-Ha or X-caret good options cruisers? Has anybody done it? Thoughts/feedback would be very appreciated.

I have heard nothing but good reviews on Nachi Cocum, is that the general consensus? Also, I saw a photo of the menu and meals were in the $100 range? Did I misunderstand something?

Finally, for those that have been to both Passion Island and Nachi Cocum, which did you prefer? I'm leaning towards Nachi, but Passion Island looked absolutely beautiful even though the reviews seemed to be pretty "disappointing".

I would appreciate any feedback you have for the 3 different "excursions". Thank you all in advance :)

I have a couple questions regarding Nachi Cocum, Xel-Ha and Passion Island.

This'll be our second time visiting Cozumel and I'm planning to do a lot of research. Last time we were in Cozumel, we did some sort of power snorkel, which none of us cared for at all. I think it may have been in Chankaanab? I actually have no idea, it was a RCCL excursion.

Anyway, my first question is, are Xel-Ha or X-caret good options cruisers? Has anybody done it? Thoughts/feedback would be very appreciated.

I have heard nothing but good reviews on Nachi Cocum, is that the general consensus? Also, I saw a photo of the menu and meals were in the $100 range? Did I misunderstand something?

Finally, for those that have been to both Passion Island and Nachi Cocum, which did you prefer? I'm leaning towards Nachi, but Passion Island looked absolutely beautiful even though the reviews seemed to be pretty "disappointing".

I would appreciate any feedback you have for the 3 different "excursions". Thank you all in advance :)

We were at nachi for the first time this past November and loved it. Getting a taxi was very fast and easy. We spent 6 1/2 hours there which is much longer than any other excursion through the ship. Great drinks, food and service. We will definitely go back there any time our ship docks in Cozumel.

Nachi is an all inclusive (AI) place. Food and all drinks are included and was a tad confused on the menu "prices". It is not dollars but pesos. I guess sometimes they have groups and things are ala carte but not sure on this. We were there Jan 6 and found the place nice quiet and prob a lot of fun had we had better weather. It was pretty crappy all week and missed roatan completely. The cost was $55/pp adult.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have done both Xel-ha (twice) and Xcaret, but during land vacations. Really enjoyed both, probably Xcaret a little more. I would be concerned with the amount of time you'll get since you'll need to take the ferry to Playa de Carmen. Xcaret will be closer to the ferry than Xel-ha. Both places are a full day with lots of things to do. Xel-ha is more water based while Xcaret offers lots of things to do on land and in the water.

We have been to both. Both are very nice but I prefer Nachi.

The things that make Nachi stand out for me: pool, hot tub, menu (you choose what you want), can come and go as please, not with an excursion. You can sit by the pool, water or under the open dining area.

Passion Island is beautiful and I enjoyed my day there. We will be going back to Passion Island in Feb because all family wants to go. They have never been.

We have only been to Nachi several years ago, but I have it booked again for March. Really looking forward to it! The reasons we like it is because I don't like buffets and at Nachi you get to order off a menu. Each person gets an appetizer, entree, and dessert (if I remember correctly). The food was amazing! The other reason I really like it is because the day we were there it was very low key and relaxing. I like that they limit the number of people each day. I didn't want a loud party atmosphere. We also had our two kids with us, and they loved hanging out on the beach, playing in the sand, and later swimming in the pool. It was a great day! But each person has their own idea for what they are looking for and want out of an excursion. This worked for us:)

We've been to Nachi three times and loved it every time. We'll be back in June and trying to decide between Nachi and Playa Mia. Has anyone been there? The water park looks really nice and we'll have several kids and teens with us.